Week 3 Bengals @ Panthers

MrCincinnati

Watched the Panthers/Falcons game last night and came away even less worried about this Panthers team. They have no reliable playmakers at the receiver position. The only real threat in the passing game is McCaffery. And their defense is by no means a juggernaut. We have enough weapons for Dalton to find success. 

Two keys to winning (as obvious as they may seem):

1. Stop the run. Give Newton tough-to-convert third and distances, contain the pocket, spy the QB, and get to Newton. Easier said then done, I know. Even with a depleted offensive line they did a nice job protecting him. Know where McCaffery is.

2. Put a blocker on Kuechley at all times. The dude is an animal.

4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hoping our Dline just goes nuts today

I think they have a great game, and might not have many sacks, if any at all, to do it.  This is a classic game where the most important thing to do is to keep Cam in the pocket and not let him ever break out of it.   if that limits sacks, so be it.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, TheVillain112 said:

Going to quote myself.  Watched clips of the Panthers/Falcons game, and I'm not feeling optimistic about this one.  CMC plus Cam's arm strength and scrambling ability will probably do us in.

24 Panthers - 13 Bengals...

Quoting myself again.  10 point loss is almost exactly what I expected (Both teams scored about a TD more than I expected tho).  Nothing surprised me after this game other than being disappointed in John Ross.  He  needs a year of just reps like Boyd did last year to grow...

Archived