Sign in to follow this  
MrCincinnati

Week 3 Bengals @ Panthers

41 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I just think Ross needs some plays for him to succeed and get his confidence back. Screens, end arounda, crossing routes 

I agree with this as well.  This season he's essentially:

• A decoy to occupy double coverage downfield while Boyd/Eifert do work underneath.
  • Ever so often take a deep shot down the sidelines (just to keep the defense honest but also it has to be near the sidelines so if it's not complete, hopefully it'll be out of bounds).
  • Bubble screens and end arounds

I don't trust him on crossing patterns, comebacks or quickouts.  He quits on his route and it's an INT...

33 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I agree with this as well.  This season he's essentially:

• A decoy to occupy double coverage downfield while Boyd/Eifert do work underneath.
  • Ever so often take a deep shot down the sidelines (just to keep the defense honest but also it has to be near the sidelines so if it's not complete, hopefully it'll be out of bounds).
  • Bubble screens and end arounds

I don't trust him on crossing patterns, comebacks or quickouts.  He quits on his route and it's an INT...

It's pretty obvious his confidence is still shot.  IMO i'd design some plays specifically for him at the beginning of the game.  Whatever those are.  If it goes well, maybe he can have a good ballgame.  If it doesn't, then you probably limit his involvement in the game.

Just pepper the hell out of him with targets. Force him the ball. He needs to get whatever mental roadblock is hampering him out.

35 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Glasnow out for season with torn ACL 

Sucks.  I wonder how much they'll rotate Tupou in?  Glasgow was getting a lot of PT.

20 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Our defense looks really bad 

Yes, yes it does.  Need some turnovers to hide it.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yes, yes it does.  Need some turnovers to hide it.

At least we get Burfict back soon.

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

Sucks.  I wonder how much they'll rotate Tupou in?  Glasgow was getting a lot of PT.

Andrew Brown might get a call up

33 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Maybe.  They're going to need to clear a roster spot for Burfict in another week anyway.  Would they just leave the spot open you think?  The team is relatively healthy, so they don't need all those inactive spots.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Not a fan of moving him up.  Saw Brown get washed in the running game too much for my liking.  He can get penetration at least.  But we need someone that can protect our subpar LBs a bit...

How has Andrew Billings looked? And is his injury serious? You guys still optimistic he can be a foundation piece of the defense?

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Not a fan of moving him up.  Saw Brown get washed in the running game too much for my liking.  He can get penetration at least.  But we need someone that can protect our subpar LBs a bit...

Resign the vet (drawing a blank) we signed in the offseason?

1 minute ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Resign the vet (drawing a blank) we signed in the offseason?

Chris Baker?  Maybe, but he sucked as well...

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

How has Andrew Billings looked? And is his injury serious? You guys still optimistic he can be a foundation piece of the defense?

Inconsistent still