Week 3 Bengals @ Panthers

MrCincinnati

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

How has Andrew Billings looked? And is his injury serious? You guys still optimistic he can be a foundation piece of the defense?

He played in the last. AFAIK he's good to go. And he's been ok. Glasgow has been better. 

Dre is going to get torched this week. I was reading on Bengals.com he feels like he is off to the best start of his career...

teams are targeting him so much, I think i read it was like 80% of passes thrown has been his way. Yeah he’s had a couple of pass break ups and if he would have caught a few of those dropped interceptions I would probably be looking at him in a different light, “yeah he allows a lot of yardage, but at least he generates turnovers”.

our 3rd Down defense has to get more stops if we are to win this year. Man if you combined this years offense with previous years defenses, we would be incredible. I’m really hoping somehow we can pull out a win next week in Atlanta, that would set us up nicely for the return of Burfict and Preston Brown. Hopefully Burfict shows up in shape 

6 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Dre is going to get torched this week. I was reading on Bengals.com he feels like he is off to the best start of his career...

teams are targeting him so much, I think i read it was like 80% of passes thrown has been his way. Yeah he’s had a couple of pass break ups and if he would have caught a few of those dropped interceptions I would probably be looking at him in a different light, “yeah he allows a lot of yardage, but at least he generates turnovers”.

our 3rd Down defense has to get more stops if we are to win this year. Man if you combined this years offense with previous years defenses, we would be incredible. I’m really hoping somehow we can pull out a win next week in Atlanta, that would set us up nicely for the return of Burfict and Preston Brown. Hopefully Burfict shows up in shape 

I actually think Kirkpatrick has been playing well all things considered. He's not getting torched by any means and always finds himself in good positions but has just been extremely unlucky. He should have a couple picks like you said, and a play like John Brown's touchdown on TNF Kirkpatrick was in perfect position he just somehow made the play. Hopefully he get's some more bounces his way.

10 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Wanted to throw out that Walton had a really nice run that was brought back by a penalty. Maybe all the kid needed was to run behind a 1st string line. 

In the end, the position is RB and there are all sorts of factors that play into bad YPC metrics.  

Look at Christian McCraffrey.  3.7 YPC last year running against stacked boxes all year.  This year they spread the offense out and he's averaging 5.9 YPC.

11 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Wanted to throw out that Walton had a really nice run that was brought back by a penalty. Maybe all the kid needed was to run behind a 1st string line. 

He looked impressive on that run.  I was hoping for a screen play for him.  We make the oddest decisions personnel wise, like end arounds to Boyd instead of Ross...

Archived