Beast Of The East - NFC East Discussion Thread

D82

55 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We always seem to have Seattle's number. They are\were built to stop the pass. Light weight DL, fast LBs. We usually just plow right over them in the run game. I mean we don't play them that much but Murray killed them in 2014, they barely beat us by 1 point in the Matt Cassell plagued 2015 season(one of our closest games that year), and the last time we played them was preseason in Zeke's first ever appearance as a Cowboy. Our starters looked like they were cruising against Kam and the gang. I know any given Sunday but I brought this point up last year when discussing playoff scenarios. We really match up well against them.  If Zeke is back I'd be pretty confident. I think we can run all over them. If not, then I could see a 13-12ish loss again like 2015. Either way, we will either beat them or barely lose with a stagnant offense because we match up so well.

We’ll see. I think Seattle’s better against the run now than they were when we last played them. Since then they’ve drafted Jarran Reed and Wagner’s become the best linebacker in football. I don’t think it’s a size issue with them as much as overaggressiveness. They were slaughtering Philly up front except when the Eagles used their penetration against them.

Even if you think the trench battle is a wash, which is probably true if we stay healthy, I don’t know how Zeke’s gonna look and I don’t trust our defense against Wilson, Baldwin, Graham and co.

6 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

The Eagles won't beat Seattle, New England, Pittsburgh, or even LA in the playoffs.

If you look really closely at just WHO the Iggles beat this year it is not difficult to see them floundering in the Playoffs.

Wash twice 5-7

Dallas (depleted of their 2  best offensive and best defensive player) 6-6

NYG 2-10

LAC 6-6

Den 3-9

Ariz 5-7

SF 2-10

Chic 3-9

Car 8-4

So of their 10 wins they beat one, ONE team with a winning record????? 

We saw what happens when they had to face a team with a good QB AND a decent defense.

They will pretty much be seeing that the remainder of the season in the Rams, Cowboys with Zeke, Lee, Smith -hopefully and into the playoffs which at this point are a lock for the Iggles.

Some potential QB's in the playoffs: Brees, Ryan, Goff, Newton, Wilson, Rogers, Keenum-say what you want but this kid is balling right now- Prescott (long shot but what the hey)

Not to mention some of the tougher defenses in N.O., Minn, LAR.

Not saying the Iggles CAN'T over come these QB's and defenses because I believe Wentz is up for an MVP year and their defense is tough, but when you see how soft the competition was for them this year, the script is about to flip on them in the post season. AND, if they should make it to the dance they will most likely face Brady or Rothliesbergrer.

So, we will see how it shakes out, but I believe the road just got a bit harder, not to mention the schedule they will see next year because of the amount of wins they will have this year. they will be getting every divisions best next year and we will be getting Zeke back for the entire year, barring any more stupidity-which is not a foregone conclusion.

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

God damn it. All three of the other games we needed to lose were all tied late in the 4th. As of right of now two teams we needed to lose have come back to win.

F me.

Make that all three teams we needed to lose....won. As WH said, we got zero help this week starting on Thursday.

I see very little chance we get in right now. Not many paths....realistically anyway.

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

So Wentz is hurt. Knee injury. Out for the rest of he game. Could make things interesting the rest of the way.

I always thought Wentz was the best QB coming out that year. I would have picked Goff though because he is younger. My concern with Wentz was never his college competition or physical abilities. It was his age and injury history. His style of play lends itself to missing games and he was hurt in college a few times. I think the got hurt last year too during the preseason or something. 

Now he leaves the game tonight w\ 12mins to go in the 4th quarter. So I'm not sure you can count on him for the long haul. And then in 5 years he will be 30. I don't see him improving his durability.