Beast Of The East - NFC East Discussion Thread

D82

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

An Eagles fan talkin’ about “class”?    That’s so rich.  What’s next, some member of ISIS gonna talk about having compassion for fellow man?  Lol

Why are you in the Cowboys forum anyway? 

The whole point of *this* thread is to have rivals visit and have a discussion.

I took out the ISIS comment so everyone can put the focus back on what I originally posted.

After watching Romo get injured season after season (and everyone laughing, making memes), I'm just not sympathetic to any other fanbase when their QB goes down, especially not Philly.  

Edited by ///mcompact

5 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

I took out the ISIS comment so everyone can put the focus back on what I originally posted.

After watching Romo get injured season after season (and everyone laughing, making memes), I'm just not sympathetic to any other fanbase when their QB goes down, especially not Philly.  

Don't really recall too many memes or anyone laughing (at least on here) about Romo being injured. More so his lack of playoff success. 

So...

17 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

There's a difference between "not being sympathetic" and being snide. Perhaps that wasn't what you were going for, but that's certainly how it came off given the context of what you posted. 

My outlook on injury in general (not concerning my own team). It sucks, I don't necessarily want to see it, but it does help my own teams chances indirectly, so I'm not going to be disappointed. tl;dr You don't need to be upset, you can even be 'thankful', but don't take joy and don't be happy about it either.

17 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Don't really recall too many memes or anyone laughing (at least on here) about Romo being injured. More so his lack of playoff success. 

So...

Neither do I. Now if you go on social media, you will certainly see stuff of that manner. I usually check "NFL Memes" on facebook after each week, but skipped out on it because I can pretty much guarantee you that the worst kinds of fans who just absolutely love seeing players get hurt and laughing at them, making fun of the players pain and the fanbases frustrations from it. 

I want to thank all of you, even mcompact for being better than that and showing good character. Each fanbase has the good and the bad and seeing the former here is one of the reasons I stick around. 

I do have a quick question, that I'm too lazy to lookup though, what needs to happen for you guys to make the playoffs (with winning out being assumed)

25 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

So...

You're completely right.   No one ever mocked/meme'd Romo's injuries.  What was I thinking.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's a difference between "not being sympathetic" and being snide. Perhaps that wasn't what you were going for, but that's certainly how it came off given the context of what you posted. 

My outlook on injury in general (not concerning my own team). It sucks, I don't necessarily want to see it, but it does help my own teams chances indirectly, so I'm not going to be disappointed. tl;dr You don't need to be upset, you can even be 'thankful', but don't take joy and don't be happy about it either.

I get that, but I literally posted a gif of Decaprio *shrugging*.   Someone's QB goes down? Oh well, I remember my first beer....  <--that was my message.   

Now, had I gone to the Eagles forum and posted that, I'd understand it would be "classless".

Edited by ///mcompact

Just now, ///mcompact said:

Now, had I gone to the Eagles forum and posted that, I'd understand.  

Right, it's why I didn't really mind it that much. I'm aware you weren't trying to suggest you're glad to see Wentz hurt, but if you look at it again, I'm sure you'll see how it could certainly be interpreted that way, and given the squabble you've had with a variety of Eagles fans here, that's probably going to be the way it's seen. Even if that's what you were suggesting, posting it here would be... how should I say this, its 'weak classless', in poor taste? Either way it's not a super big deal, since you wouldn't be going out of your way to rub salt in the wound so to speak. But I digress. It's not really relevant and I'm rambling on.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Neither do I. Now if you go on social media, you will certainly see stuff of that manner. I usually check "NFL Memes" on facebook after each week, but skipped out on it because I can pretty much guarantee you that the worst kinds of fans who just absolutely love seeing players get hurt and laughing at them, making fun of the players pain and the fanbases frustrations from it. 

I want to thank all of you, even mcompact for being better than that and showing good character. Each fanbase has the good and the bad and seeing the former here is one of the reasons I stick around. 

I do have a quick question, that I'm too lazy to lookup though, what needs to happen for you guys to make the playoffs (with winning out being assumed)

Hence why I try and stay away from anything NFL-related on any other site. It's a lot of your "casual" NFL fan trying to discuss things they know very little about. 

• 1 month later...