Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-0) vs. Tennessee Titans (1-1) - Rivalry Week

.Buzz

Just now, pwny said:

Let me second this. More of last week’s stuff. Smart aggression, bruising runs. 

I'm definitely cool running a little bit more. We largely abandoned it last week, and that won't work every week.

Definitely want to see us push the ball down the field/let Blake do his thing more like last week though for sure. No reason not to. He's shown he excels when they allow him to do that every time.

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

And more Corey Grant. 

Decoy and 8-10 touches.

I used to be on the "Corey all the time" train, but reading Alfie's article kind of put what he really is in perspective to me. He's definitely a nice little weapon to have but he is just a situational guy.

Listening to Prisco and Boselli, I'm kind of worried Prisco is right...

We seem to alter our gameplan to who our opponent is.  We played Brady last week and need to score, so we aired it out. We needed to score 45 points last year against PIT so we altered what we did, etc.

We played the Bills? Run, run, and run some more. We played a QB that was very limited and let our defense feast while playing a tough game and played to our defense.

We likely play Gabbert this week, MAYBE Mariota but even if so, seems like he's going to be limited. I'm very worried we go straight back to the conservative, ground and pound/take the clock down mentality.

I think our staff has definitely become more accustomed to airing it out/being more balanced, but going into this week, it's hard to think that'll actually happen imo. 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:47 PM, .Buzz said:

Decoy and 8-10 touches.

I used to be on the "Corey all the time" train, but reading Alfie's article kind of put what he really is in perspective to me. He's definitely a nice little weapon to have but he is just a situational guy.

Disagree with that Alfie article.

Grant isn't Hill or Sproles. But he's a weapon. He was responsible for at least 3-4 1st downs (including the game clinching run). 

He's not a blocker that Yeldon and Leonard are, but he's a willing runner within the tackles. 

Other offenses aren't afraid to use talent like that. I mean, how much more predictable does he really make us when Hack gets into that ultra conservative inside run/inside run/3rd down crosser that we were prone to do with Fournette in the lineup?

Even that Dede crosser shows the respect Grant has as he took away a defender away from the middle of the field.

Nothing scares defenses more than a guy who can run 80 yards (even in a straight line) if accounted for.

Archived