Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-0) vs. Tennessee Titans (1-1) - Rivalry Week

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

tbf, Telvin would have probably stopped Mariota on that critical run if he hadn't been blatantly held

I mean, sure, but that stuff happens every week. There's always going to be missed calls.

Barry Church got stiff armed last year on that run to seal the game against them. So you never really know what would've happened if the hold wouldn't have happened either. Would have liked to think he'd make a tackle like that, but the Titans make us look pathetic everytime we've played them since last year so I'm not going to chalk that one up.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I mean, sure, but that stuff happens every week. There's always going to be missed calls.

Barry Church got stiff armed last year on that run to seal the game against them. So you never really know what would've happened if the hold wouldn't have happened either. Would have liked to think he'd make a tackle like that, but the Titans make us look pathetic everytime we've played them since last year so I'm not going to chalk that one up.

I'm not disagreeing that the defense should and needs to be better versus Mariota and the Titans, but I think you're discrediting how significant that non-call at the end was. That was the difference between a legitimate last drive for the offense (yes, I know they had done nothing all day; not the point) and the game of chutes and ladders that we saw. That sort of significant non-call at the end in a critical situation doesn't happen every week to every team. It's significant and if it had been called, even with a loss still, I don't know if we'd even be having this conversation.

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm not disagreeing that the defense should and needs to be better versus Mariota and the Titans, but I think you're discrediting how significant that non-call at the end was. That was the difference between a legitimate last drive for the offense (yes, I know they had done nothing all day; not the point) and the game of chutes and ladders that we saw. That sort of significant non-call at the end in a critical situation doesn't happen every week to every team. It's significant and if it had been called, even with a loss still, I don't know if we'd even be having this conversation.

I'm not discrediting it, it was a big no call. But we've seen stuff like that happen to us as well as calls like that all across the league all the time* in crucial situations near or at the end of the game. Is it every week? No. But it's not the first time it's happening nor the last.

There's nothing we can do about it and it's always going to happen until they allow for stuff like that to be reviewable/challenged. We lost. So I just don't really even care to look at past calls from the game.

Archived