Bears could win it all If they had a halfway decent QB

Viper652

He's a second year player with less than a full season worth of starts. I'm not even a trubisky fan. Wasn't in college, and I'm not now. But this microwave thinking that they have to be awesome immediately isn't reasonable, especially when 12 of his 14 starts featured John fox as his head coach

Just now, DingoLadd said:

Every team could win it all with a halfway decent QB, the bears are a young team with a young QB and a 1st year HC. Give them 2-3 years before they legitimately  have a shot at unseating the Rodgers, Vikings and the roadkill that is the Lions franchise.

yeah, they are trending in the right direction.

but if mitch aint the guy, its going to be tough

People say that like elite QBs grow on trees. If the guy is an above average starting QB who doesn't lose you guys you can win the SB with him. We all wish we had Rodgers, Brady, Brees, ect. but we don't. Besides, he's only in his 2nd year with a new coach. It's not like he was drafted into a playoff team when he was picked. It's going to take time. There's so many factors to a QB's success. It's not always entirely on him. 

Bears aren't winning it all this year, that much is certain.  And as hard as I was on Mitch in the gameday thread, I still have hopes for him.  They mentioned in on ESPN and I do think its telling:  he has now played in more games in the NFL as he did in college.  So obviously he's got a fairly large adjustment period he has to go through.  Plus its only game 2 of an offensive scheme that is still being implemented. 

The Bears weren't winning it all anyhow. It is still a developing team who were not even a playoff team to begin with. And anyone that told you otherwise were either a Bears fan with goggles on or someone who don't pay attention to football.

Saying "they could win it all" is nothing but BS. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The Bears weren't winning it all anyhow. It is still a developing team who were not even a playoff team to begin with. And anyone that told you otherwise were either a Bears fan with goggles on or someone who don't pay attention to football.

meh, I don't think playoffs are necessarily out of the question, but it would certainly require some more careful play by Trubisky than he showed today.  If the NFC North weren't so stacked I would be more confident of the possibility.

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

meh, I don't think playoffs are necessarily out of the question, but it would certainly require some more careful play by Trubisky than he showed today.  If the NFC North weren't so stacked I would be more confident of the possibility.

Thats teh key right there though. the NFC North. We are clearly behind the Vikes and PAck in terms of competing this year. Next year? It's not out of teh question, IMO.

16 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Are they not a playoff team because of their qb or because they dont have enough talent?

16 hours ago, Malfatron said:

yeah, they are trending in the right direction.

but if mitch aint the guy, its going to be tough

How are they trending in the right direction with less draft capital going forward than any team in the NFL and the 8th least cap space in the league next year?

They went all in for this season for reasons no one will understand the next few seasons.

16 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Are they not a playoff team because of their qb or because they dont have enough talent?

Personally, I lean toward quarterback. I don't think that team is untalented. It's not a bad roster at all when you look at it. 

Archived