NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I was looking up stats for QBs who have been sacked the most in a season.

Texans QBs have 3 seasons in the top 5 all time and you haven’t even been around for 2 decades yet.

Sounds about right. There was a period when we had a really good OL, but Matt Schaub was the QB...so it isn't like we were able to take advantage of it.

53 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sounds about right. There was a period when we had a really good OL, but Matt Schaub was the QB...so it isn't like we were able to take advantage of it.

Wasn't the Texans offense high scoring as hell under Schaub?  I seem to remember them scoring a ton of points in every game, but losing because they had no defense.

Then they turned around in 2011 and drafted almost all defense, including Watt.

Edited by Daniel

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Wasn't the Texans offense high scoring as hell under Schaub?  I seem to remember them scoring a ton of points in every game, but losing because they had no defense.

Good offense for a few years. 2008 to 2012. Schaub, and the Texans weren't going into the offensive record books though. Despite putting up good numbers, Schaub didn't have that next level dominant gear, especially against the top dogs or in primetime. Then he crumbled in 2013.

Edited by PapaShogun

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm seriously praying for Donald Penn as a one year bridge LT, with a guy like Yodny Cajuste or Greg Little as the prospect in waiting.

Either that, or the light bulb goes on for Davenport and he suddenly develops into a top 3 OT. Physically, he's got every single gift a LT needs, but he's simply dumb and soft. 

I really hope we don't squander Watson's career. If we do, I might seriously reconsider whether or not this team is worth my time.

Sounds a lot like when we drafted Greg Robinson, only he was drafted much higher.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sounds a lot like when we drafted Greg Robinson, only he was drafted much higher.

That's the upside - Davenport is a 4th round pick. If he works out, wonderful. If he doesn't, meh.

That's also the downside - the Texans FO are willing to risk a potential franchise QB they traded up for with a 4th round pick at LT. It's a lot like filling up a commercial airliner with fuel from your lawnmower. 

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, but that had more to do with Arian Foster really emerging behind that ZBS line that Gary Kubiak had put in place. There was a 2-3 year period where that offense lived and died with Foster. Sage Rosenfels was able to churn out wins with the Texans O, but if Foster was out for a long time (for example, 2013) that offense was stuck.

Just now, ET80 said:

Yeah, but that had more to do with Arian Foster really emerging behind that ZBS line that Gary Kubiak had put in place. There was a 2-3 year period where that offense lived and died with Foster. Sage Rosenfels was able to churn out wins with the Texans O, but if Foster was out for a long time (for example, 2013) that offense was stuck.

I preferred the Macho Man Tommy Savage.

giphy.gif

• Like 1