NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I do not miss the steelers O-line from that era

every week someone from the line going down with a injury, Ben getting sacked 4+ times and several penalties caused by them.

it was a mess

You would never want to watch it but the Eagles - Steelers game from 2008 is on Youtube and the Eagles were not very nice to Ben that day.

McNabb made sure Ben was safe in the Super Bowl though.

Edited by SkippyX

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You would never want to watch it but the Eagles - Steelers game from 2008 is on Youtube and the Eagles were not very nice to Ben that day.

The Eagles had 6 sacks in the second quarter in this game!

And Ben had a separate shoulder at the week one too in 2008..

Edited by Steelersfan43

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

remember being really concerned for Ben health that day..it was a massacre

the 06 game in Baltimore(lost 27-0 and ben got slammed by bart scott) and that eagles game were all-time lows for the line during that era

kind of crazy that Ben never had a season ending injury during that time.

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

remember being really concerned for Ben health that day..it was a massacre

the 06 game in Baltimore(lost 27-0 and ben got slammed by bart scott) and that eagles game were all-time lows for the line during that era

kind of crazy that Ben never had a season ending injury during that time.

The Ravens had 6 more sacks on Roethlisberger in this game.

Dawkins had a Weapon X forced fumble on this play: (not a bad hit on Ben,, but huge style points.)

Dawkins getting elected to the Hall of Fame the day before the Eagles finally won the Super Bowl will always be the greatest weekend in Philly sports history.

This is the more famous Weapon X play:

We had a 50+ page Photoshop thread of flying Dawkins on the EMB in honor of that play.  You can find a bunch of them on google and maybe YouTube.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

In the not too distant future, we're gonna talk a lot more about the Raiders choosing Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen.

Or that they should have selected Brian Burns at #4. My pick for DROY

16 minutes ago, August4th said:

I can't stand this guy. He went on and on for days, multiple posts/tweets every day, about how stupid Gettleman is and how bad Daniel Jones is. Now, after just 3 preseason games, he does a 180. 

I don't like the term 'hater', but he seems to have to find something to criticize the Giants about at all times. With Jones playing really well, it is criticizing them for still playing Eli. Nevermind the fact that Shurmur still won't close the door on Jones starting week 1.

• Like 1

Not sure if any of you gamble on football but I put $2000 on the Ravens/Eagles over because it was a sure thing. It was over half way through the 3rd quarter, but the game got cancelled due to weather conditions at the end. Now my bookie says the bet is, “cancelled until further review,” which basically means to me that I’m not gonna get paid on my win there. I’m pissed