Jump to content
11sanchez11

NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, MightyRx said:

Elite WRs are overrated.
Good Wrs are underrated.

If your Qb is worth his salt, he'll make anyone decent work.

better players = better results.

 

Not all that hard to figure out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lilseb93 said:

They don't want to be bad for that long lol. Mainly just this year.

Then just don’t hire Hue Jacksodent too and you’ll be aces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Are the dolphins the new browns like the 1-15/0-16 Browns. I was thinking now whose that one team that is right at the bottom and doesn’t appear to have any upside. It’s gotta be them right?

Yeah right now it looks that way. And this is what they needed. They were dumb last season to add veterans like Robert Quinn to their team. It was time to blow the entire thing up and rebuild. They need a few horrendous seasons stacked together before they can begin to heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah right now it looks that way. And this is what they needed. They were dumb last season to add veterans like Robert Quinn to their team. It was time to blow the entire thing up and rebuild. They need a few horrendous seasons stacked together before they can begin to heal.

Shhh let the Dolphins think they can contend. Hoping they give pick 13 for Carr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who think the Odell Beckham trade was for footballing reasons are stupid.

people who point to the fact that we still didn’t win with Odell, so it doesn’t matter are idiots. 

People who point Odell as a distraction are even bigger idiots. 

People who think this was a good trade for the giants are wrong.

Congratulations Cleveland Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The giants were trash with Odell. They’ll be the same without him just less espn highlights. Very little impact on the W/L. But that’s WRs in a nutshell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The giants were trash with Odell. They’ll be the same without him just less espn highlights. Very little impact on the W/L. But that’s WRs in a nutshell

WRs are overrated when the QB sucks. They can be very valuable with a great QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 10:16 AM, SBLIII said:

better players = better results.

 

Not all that hard to figure out. 

Sure, but the cost difference between an elite WR and good WR typically is much bigger than the difference between the impact on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The giants were trash with Odell. They’ll be the same without him just less espn highlights. Very little impact on the W/L. But that’s WRs in a nutshell

Pass rushers don’t impact the W/L. Nor do RBs. Nor do LBers, nor do DBs, Nor do lineman, Nor do kickers. See what I did there?

 

No single position impacts the W/L. It boggles my mind that in a sport where there is a roster of 53, they like to boggle it down to 1 as to what impacts wins and losses. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times has a top 5 paid QB been to the SB over the last decade?

I might look this up if no else wants to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

How many times has a top 5 paid QB been to the SB over the last decade?

I might look this up if no else wants to.

4 times from 2009 to 2018. However only 1 did win the SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Pass rushers don’t impact the W/L. Nor do RBs. Nor do LBers, nor do DBs, Nor do lineman, Nor do kickers. See what I did there?

 

No single position impacts the W/L. It boggles my mind that in a sport where there is a roster of 53, they like to boggle it down to 1 as to what impacts wins and losses. 

 

Positions are not created equally. The only positions that matter are QB Oline and Pass rush. Everything else is secondary.

Again I’m talking to the guy that has been trying to justify taking a running back with the second pick in the draft on a 3-13 team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SBLIII said:

WRs are overrated when the QB sucks. They can be very valuable with a great QB

WR is the most overrated position in all of team sports. It used to be closer in baseball but over the last 10 years the analytics guys that have taken over front offices have finally convinced the sport how wrong they were. The nfl still hasn’t gotten there yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Positions are not created equally. The only positions that matter are QB Oline and Pass rush. Everything else is secondary.

Again I’m talking to the guy that has been trying to justify taking a running back with the second pick in the draft on a 3-13 team. 

Oh really, o-line and pass rush is all that matters right? Joe Thomas, Khalil Mack, Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Taylor Lewan, Von Miller (since Peyton retired). How have those individual players impacted the W-L column? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, ClutchDJ said:

Lynch/Shanahan have to be on the hot seat if they don’t appear in the playoff hunt this year.

This is huge for them. Year 3 of this regime and the first two years they were one of the worst teams in football. They need to go 8-8 minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×