NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

I'm currently using ProFootballReference's AV stat to look at the draft from 2006 to 2015 and I've gone through 2011-2015 so far. Using Spotrac's expected contract calculations, I'm trying to find the best draft picks from 2006-2015 in terms of $ spent per AV (using the average of the player's AV in years 3 and 4 because it's a player's "prime" and still on the first contract for all players).

From 2011 to 2015, the top two in terms of lowest $ spent per Approximate Value are:

No. 1 - 2011 NFL Draft, Pick 154 - $161,614.06 per AV

No. 2 - 2012 NFL Draft, Pick 75 - $208,993.26 per AV

Those two players? Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson. Seattle hit two absolute moonshot home runs, and it won them a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I'm currently using ProFootballReference's AV stat to look at the draft from 2006 to 2015 and I've gone through 2011-2015 so far. Using Spotrac's expected contract calculations, I'm trying to find the best draft picks from 2006-2015 in terms of $ spent per AV (using the average of the player's AV in years 3 and 4 because it's a player's "prime" and still on the first contract for all players).

From 2011 to 2015, the top two in terms of lowest $ spent per Approximate Value are:

No. 1 - 2011 NFL Draft, Pick 154 - $161,614.06 per AV

No. 2 - 2012 NFL Draft, Pick 75 - $208,993.26 per AV

Those two players? Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson. Seattle hit two absolute moonshot home runs, and it won them a Super Bowl.

It should have won them at least 2 though. 2012 was a missed chance.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

interesting info.

I’m kinda confused what this means for Cleveland. They’re significantly distanced from the middle of the pack. Does it mean they spent the most, but on different positions?

Edited by candyman93

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m kinda confused what this means for Cleveland. They’re significantly distanced from the middle of the pack. Does it mean they spent the most, but on different positions?

I think it means our roster is top heavy with salaries. 14 players making over 6.5 (against the cap) this year. Doubt many teams come close to that.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Far right means they're spending more than anyone else this year. Just lower than average means the money is a little bit more spread out than your average team.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Far right means they're spending more than anyone else this year. Just lower than average means the money is a little bit more spread out than your average team.

Our cap this year is like 230 million we are still 35 under. We are just 30 million under for next year but we have about 20 starters already signed so there shouldn't be a need to do much.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Don't care if it were true, he disgusted me with his lack of effort last year. I don't want a player who quits on the field.

Lack of effort? Did you even watch him play?