NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Cowboys and Dak in talks and he could become one of the highest paid QBs in the league. 

Big mistake imo. Dak is not even on par with the Derek Carrs, Andy Daltons, and Alex Smiths of the world. 

If they lose Zeke in a couple years, his flaws will show even more than they already do. 

I think Dak is fairly good actually but he will never be truly elite. But he is better than average to me.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It seems like they will overvalue the RB position as well.

Yes, but you can also at least argue that Zeke is one of the best in his position in the entire NFL. He's clearly the best between Dak, Cooper, and himself, and you could make the argument that he's also the most valuable to what they do in establishing that running game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Cowboys and Dak in talks and he could become one of the highest paid QBs in the league. 

Big mistake imo. Dak is not even on par with the Derek Carrs, Andy Daltons, and Alex Smiths of the world. 

If they lose Zeke in a couple years, his flaws will show even more than they already do. 

Dang.  I was hoping that the guys up for extensions this year would break the cycle of the whole every-free-agent-QB-becomes-highest-paid-player thing that has happened in the last few years.  Doesn't bode well for the Titans.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Simplistic throws?  Throws deep more than any other QB in the NFL?  Doesnt compute

Simplistic doesn’t equate to short.

I don’t think he would excel throwing a lot of back shoulder fades and sideline precision throws. He’s an otherwise very dangerous QB, though, who has a lot of untapped potential.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Dang.  I was hoping that the guys up for extensions this year would break the cycle of the whole every-free-agent-QB-becomes-highest-paid-player thing that has happened in the last few years.  Doesn't bode well for the Titans.

you say this like the Titans have a QB worth paying

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah if Mariotta is expecting to make north of $25M per, based on what we've seen so far you kick him to the curb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Duluther said:

Simplistic doesn’t equate to short.

I don’t think he would excel throwing a lot of back shoulder fades and sideline precision throws. He’s an otherwise very dangerous QB, though, who has a lot of untapped potential.

That's funny bc he excels at throwing back shoulder throws, like really excels, like ridiculous back shoulder throws.  And he wasnt good with the sideline at the start of the year, that's 100% fair.  By the time the playoff game came around he was money.  Just watch what Tru and Arob did in the 2nd half

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Watching 'the drive' game on nfln ... The broncos kicker kicked barefoot?!? LOL

That was the rage back in the day... my K in HS kicked barefoot, then put on a sock/shoe to play LB.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

That was the rage back in the day... my K in HS kicked barefoot, then put on a sock/shoe to play LB.

ARLEN HIGH FOOTBALL COACH: I'd have to cut somebody... 
HANK HILL: Well, you got that exchange student who kicks barefoot. I think we've all had enough of that.

• Like 4