NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

colin cowherd has to be the most hated national media guy in Cleveland. this dude trolls the brown, baker and the fans all the time on his show, its hilarious xD

He loves Darnold and Luck

Probably the greatest single-season CFB performance by a receiver in terms of team share in a good while: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia-tech/2009.html

Demaryius Thomas: 46 receptions, 1154 yards, 8 TDs

The Rest of Georgia Tech: 32 receptions, 620 yards, 3 TDs

Thomas had...

• 58.97% of the team's receptions
  • 65.05% of the team's receiving yards
  • 72.73% of the team's receiving TDs

Georgia Tech barely ever threw (like 12.0 attempts per game) and, as a result, only threw to Thomas, I guess.

For my wide receiver draft projection system, one of the things I've looked at is receiving yards per team attempt per game (team att. per game is easier to find than total attempts, so whatever). The average is around 25-35. Thomas recorded 96.17 yards / team att per game. Second place since 2006 was Stephen Hill, also from Georgia Tech, at 64.06. Demaryius lapped the field twice. The best non-GT figure (I believe) was Dez Bryant at 57.36. Straight-up insane.

Edited by AlNFL19
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

For my wide receiver draft projection system, one of the things I've looked at is receiving yards per team attempt per game (team att. per game is easier to find than total attempts, so whatever).

Can you post the numbers for Larry Fitzgerald during his last season at Pitt? I think he basically caught every pass thrown that season.

5 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Probably the greatest single-season CFB performance by a receiver in terms of team share in a good while: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia-tech/2009.html

Demaryius Thomas: 46 receptions, 1154 yards, 8 TDs

The Rest of Georgia Tech: 32 receptions, 620 yards, 3 TDs

Thomas had...

• 58.97% of the team's receptions
  • 65.05% of the team's receiving yards
  • 72.73% of the team's receiving TDs

Georgia Tech barely ever threw (like 12.0 attempts per game) and, as a result, only threw to Thomas, I guess.

For my wide receiver draft projection system, one of the things I've looked at is receiving yards per team attempt per game (team att. per game is easier to find than total attempts, so whatever). The average is around 25-35. Thomas recorded 96.17 yards / team att per game. Second place since 2006 was Stephen Hill, also from Georgia Tech, at 64.06. Demaryius lapped the field twice. The best non-GT figure (I believe) was Dez Bryant at 57.36. Straight-up insane.

I watched a ton of Georgia Tech with Demaryius Thomas there. He was really freaking good and literally ran 2 routes. He ran a slant and ran a go route. He was always seeing 1-1 coverage and was just roasting teams that fell asleep on the triple option. Paul Johnson was a GREAT coach. He seemingly always dialed up the right play call and despite having an offense that seemed devoid of "sneakiness," they always managed to be unpredictable in terms of tendencies.

As a HS football defensive coach, I freaking hate the Wing-T teams. It's such a nightmare to shut down and teams that have good defenses and run the Wing-T can just drain the heart and soul out of your team.

On 5/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, Duluther said:

I’d rather Tru with good coaching than Goff (though most wouldn’t). 

Most wouldn't? Yeah I'm pretty sure Trubisky and his family wouldn't take Trubisky over Goff. There are a lot of bad takes out there and while this might not outright win the award, it would definitely make it into at least the semifinals.

I like Trubisky, but this claim is absurd.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

What in the hell is this?  Freeman... really?

D6jXQToWkAUOJ_w?format=jpg

Time Stone. Brandt has it.

Draft Freeman in the top of your league, look like a genius at the end of the year.