NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

19 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Who are the notable players still looking for a team ?

Tre Boston
  Nick Perry
  Gerald McCoy is closing in
  Morris Claiborne
  Jeremy Parnell
  Cory Liuget
  Muhammad Wilkerson
  Jonathan Cyprien
  Kayvon Webster
   Darren Sproles

others ?

Jay Ajayii. But I'm guessing teams are shying away due to his valgus knees. There's a reason the Eagles didn't bring him back on the cheap.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

:D

What are some of the good names of the NFL? I remember Corey Lekkerkerker.

I mean... isn't Haha Clinton-Dix the GOAT in this regard? 

God, Monica Lewinski would be his biggest fan.

And while individually they were great, together they were unstoppable, Viva Los Long Cox

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Do you guys feel this list is accurate for your team (regarding OTA standouts)? I agree with it and I’m trying to get a feel for what’s going on around the league.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838257-every-nfl-teams-breakout-star-so-far-from-otas#slide8

Not for us. Honestly most of what's in that article on KC's side is wrong. Williams isn't a breakout star in OTAs, first of all, because he broke out in the regular season last year. They may as well go with Mahomes if they're just putting the most impressive player in OTAs, but I assume they want someone new or a player who isn't established. They talk about Carlos Hyde and KC having a RBBC, but it's well established that Williams was the starter going into the offseason, and will stay that way. He also hasn't really been the standout guy in OTAs either.

Really, the guy they should list is Byron Pringle. He's been the most talked about player so far

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Not for us. Honestly most of what's in that article on KC's side is wrong. Williams isn't a breakout star in OTAs, first of all, because he broke out in the regular season last year. They may as well go with Mahomes if they're just putting the most impressive player in OTAs, but I assume they want someone new or a player who isn't established. They talk about Carlos Hyde and KC having a RBBC, but it's well established that Williams was the starter going into the offseason, and will stay that way. He also hasn't really been the standout guy in OTAs either.

Really, the guy they should list is Byron Pringle. He's been the most talked about player so far

Williams had 10, 11 and 13 carries (49, 103 and 51 yards rushing) in his three starts. He also had 119 receiving yards in those three regular season starts but I don't think that showed that he was a breakout star. He looked to be a good replacement but he didn't gain stardom from his 256 yard rushing season. Depending on your definition of stardom I guess. I think he is still a breakout candidate, unlike the 50 TD passing Mahomes.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Williams had 10, 11 and 13 carries (49, 103 and 51 yards rushing) in his three starts. He also had 119 receiving yards in those three regular season starts but I don't think that showed that he was a breakout star. He looked to be a good replacement but he didn't gain stardom from his 256 yard rushing season. Depending on your definition of stardom I guess. I think he is still a breakout candidate, unlike the 50 TD passing Mahomes.

I'm not saying he was a star, but I just dont see a veteran projected starter as the right guy to name as an "OTA breakout star."

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm not saying he was a star, but I just dont see a veteran projected starter as the right guy to name as an "OTA breakout star."

Gotcha. That is fair. They did give themselves the option of using players who are standing out so far in camp so I guess technically it could be a player who is already established, like Ridley, but it probably is a bit of a cop out.

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Do you guys feel this list is accurate for your team (regarding OTA standouts)? I agree with it and I’m trying to get a feel for what’s going on around the league.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838257-every-nfl-teams-breakout-star-so-far-from-otas#slide8

That article is right on the money wrt to the Cowboys.

• Like 1

Philadelphia Eagles: CB Avonte Maddox

Maddox was a Jack of all trades for us last year given all of the injuries the Eagles suffered in the back end. I believe he played every position at some point in the secondary. 

With Mills, Darby and Jones coming back from injury, it will be interesting to see if they leave Avonte in the slot and let the other 3 fight outside, or let him compete outside as well?

Either way , with the 4 listed above as well as Douglas and Le'blanc (also came out of no where), the Eagles secondary should look vastly different and improved from the last 1/2 of the 2018 season.

Edited by Nabbs4u