Jump to content
11sanchez11

NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Only one of the guys I mentioned can & has elevated his team.

...but still. Only one of those guys can throw an accurate pass.

 

The defense and run game elevated the Ravens team, not Lamar Jackson throwing ducks or fumbling the football away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

...but still. Only one of those guys can throw an accurate pass.

 

The defense and run game elevated the Ravens team, not Lamar Jackson throwing ducks or fumbling the football away.

The one that supposedly can cannot do it consistently.

 

The Ravens’ defense & run game sure wasn’t elevating anything until Lamar got under center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

The one that supposedly can cannot do it consistently.

 

The Ravens’ defense & run game sure wasn’t elevating anything until Lamar got under center.

k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 2:54 PM, candyman93 said:

Do you guys feel this list is accurate for your team (regarding OTA standouts)? I agree with it and I’m trying to get a feel for what’s going on around the league.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838257-every-nfl-teams-breakout-star-so-far-from-otas#slide8

Not at all. 

It's been one of JJ Arcega Whitside, Dallas Goedert, or maybe Rasul Douglas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 11:07 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

*sips tea*

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
37 77 465 48.1 6.0 1 3 74 7 55.4 78 326 4.2 2 39
39 57 495 68.4 8.7 4 0 68 4 118.7 38 211 5.6 3 25

 

When Leading
When Trailing


That is incredibly weird. He sucks with the lead, but is good when behind. I don't know what to make of that at all. I doubt either statistic is remotely close on either end of the spectrum this season. He has more attempts when leading. Maybe he just wants to make the games more interesting no matter the cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danger said:
CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
37 77 465 48.1 6.0 1 3 74 7 55.4 78 326 4.2 2 39
39 57 495 68.4 8.7 4 0 68 4 118.7 38 211 5.6 3 25

 

When Leading
When Trailing


That is incredibly weird. He sucks with the lead, but is good when behind. I don't know what to make of that at all. I doubt either statistic is remotely close on either end of the spectrum this season. He has more attempts when leading. Maybe he just wants to make the games more interesting no matter the cost?

Here is another troubling statistic.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
60 104 675 57.7 6.5 1 2 74 8 72.4 58 309 5.3 4 27
38 64 512 59.4 8.0 5 1 68 8 104.4 86 380 4.4 1 39

 

1st half
2nd half


He has 104 pass attempts to 58 rushing attempts in the 1st half. Almost double.
But in the 2nd half he has 86 rushing attempts to just 64 passing attempts, he's gonna get hurt. I think it also means he just runs more and he's more of a dual threat guy, relying on instincts in the 2nd half, teams play him to run more so it in turn helps his passing stats.  These two stat lines are incredibly odd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

The one that supposedly can cannot do it consistently.

 

The Ravens’ defense & run game sure wasn’t elevating anything until Lamar got under center.

The defense actually gave up fewer points per game prior to Jackson starting they (along with ST) just scored more points when Jackson became starter. Obviously Jackson was a large part of the team's run success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Here is another troubling statistic.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
60 104 675 57.7 6.5 1 2 74 8 72.4 58 309 5.3 4 27
38 64 512 59.4 8.0 5 1 68 8 104.4 86 380 4.4 1 39

 

1st half
2nd half


He has 104 pass attempts to 58 rushing attempts in the 1st half. Almost double.
But in the 2nd half he has 86 rushing attempts to just 64 passing attempts, he's gonna get hurt. I think it also means he just runs more and he's more of a dual threat guy, relying on instincts in the 2nd half, teams play him to run more so it in turn helps his passing stats.  These two stat lines are incredibly odd...

Yeah with only 7 starts and an extremely low number of pass attempts pretty much everything can be dismissed so far. They may prove to be a good reflection of who he is but considering him clutch or terrible with a lead right now is speculation more than anything proven by stats because there just isn't enough to go on. He had enough carries to prove he is a dangerous runner from the QB position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Lamar Jackson sucks. I'll take that to the bank all day. The Ravens will be looking for a new QB next off-season.

you're gonna be so salty when lamar beats the browns this year lol that'll be a fun read for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

you're gonna be so salty when lamar beats the browns this year lol that'll be a fun read for sure

Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

you're gonna be so salty when lamar beats the browns this year lol that'll be a fun read for sure

It will be upsetting but I agree with resting our starters week 16, we have nothing to play for at that point with the division locked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It will be upsetting but I agree with resting our starters week 16, we have nothing to play for at that point with the division locked up.

I literally have not seen the Browns as a division champ in my lifetime, and I'm not that young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I literally have not seen the Browns as a division champ in my lifetime, and I'm not that young.

I've never seen bigfoot but I know it's just a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

1985,1986, 1987,1989

wild card in '94

 

'94 was Mr Bill Belichick as head coach. He's been in the news a couple times since then too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×