NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

high key tho that raiders o line in 2016 when they got to the ploffs was something fierce

i know the line gets neglected by lots of casual fans, and even a lot of knowledgeable fans on here, but what that lot of big boys did in pass pro was just sublime

Further proof that McVay should be under the Shanahan coaching tree:

Aaron and I have had some good talks, and we’re going to have to talk a lot more — and one thing we have to work through is the audible thing,” LaFleur told Mike Silver of NFL Media. “We’re running a system I first picked up while working with Kyle [Shanahan] in Houston a decade ago, and we’ve never really had a quarterback who’s had complete freedom to change plays at the line

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/17/matt-lafleur-aaron-rodgers-know-they-have-to-work-through-the-audible-thing/ 

Matt Lefleur coached under McVay in LA last season

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Further proof that McVay should be under the Shanahan coaching tree:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/17/matt-lafleur-aaron-rodgers-know-they-have-to-work-through-the-audible-thing/ 

Matt Lefleur coached under McVay in LA last season

Didn't even realize LaFluer was in Houston. 

This being said, LaFluer was with McVay two seasons ago - think he was in Tennessee last season?

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

You are correct sir

The overall comment makes sense though - that 'lil Shanny/Kubiak offense was very strict, virtually no changing at the line. 

Granted, it was a phenomenal offense - Matt Schaub of all people was able to create some magic in it, so a guy with Rodgers' skill-set would be pretty dynamic in it overall. 

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Gerald McCoy calling the Bucs out on giving his number to Suh feels justified to me. That's a stupid slight that I don't think a smarter team would do.

Green Bay gave CMIII's jersey number to Rashan Gary. I see no difference. Green Bay is not a dumb team.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Green Bay gave CMIII's jersey number to Rashan Gary. I see no difference. Green Bay is not a dumb team.

Are you sure?

I mean, historically no. But 2019 Green Bay gave Za'Darious Smith a $66M deal, Preston Smith $52M, and Adrian Amos $36M. I think there is about a 15% chance we look back on this offseason 3-4 years from now and say ANY of those 3 moves were smart.