NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Will the AFC East ever be a decent division again?

for over  a decade, it has been the worst division in sports history.

why bother? You know New England is gonna winter another joyless meaningless division title because god forbid because their division be intriguing,

seriously, I cannot wait until Brady goes away forever and the NFL will be worth watching.

6 hours ago, CKS97 said:

why bother? You know New England is gonna winter another joyless meaningless division title because god forbid because their division be intriguing,

seriously, I cannot wait until Brady goes away forever and the NFL will be worth watching.

We get it man, not sure why you keep repeating it, but we got it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Show us where Tom Brady hurt you.

8 hours ago, CKS97 said:

It's getting old.

At this point, I can only assume you're looking to anger and incite Patriots fans - which is a no-no.

If this is really an issue for you, perhaps you should follow baseball or basketball. We have sub forums for both, so feel free to engage in those areas.

Tks.

- ET

• Like 2

Mine is WHEN the new wave of young QBs is going to push the old wave out. Mahomes, Baker, Watson, etc. have shown tremendous ability and promise, but grizzled vets like Ben, Brady, and Rivers won’t go quietly. It will happen eventually, but WHEN?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Mine is WHEN the new wave of young QBs is going to push the old wave out. Mahomes, Baker, Watson, etc. have shown tremendous ability and promise, but grizzled vets like Ben, Brady, and Rivers won’t go quietly. It will happen eventually, but WHEN?

Due to the rule changes over the past decade or so as well as advancement in sports... medicine and treatments, we're seeing guys, particularly at the QB position last longer. This is the first time guys are playing well into the ages they are. WHEN is a damn good question, though in part it means there are more good QBs to go around which is good for the league. If not for Brady and the Patriots there would be a level of parity previously unseen. (Though I'm not nearly as upset as others, especially since BDN got us our revenge)

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And there's actually a very exciting pipeline of guys on the horizon - Haskins in Washington, Murray in Arizona and Lock in Denver could add to this mix. Tua, Herbert and Fromm should make the party next year (I'm higher on Fromm than most). Then we'll potentially have Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence after that...

The QB position is in very good hands. I don't know if we're in an Elway/Marino/Montana/Kelly/Moon like run of HoF guys at their prime at the same time, but it'll be fun to figure out who is the best at the end of the day.

(My money is on Trevor Lawrence).

That aside. Something just crossed my mind, part of the reason we've seen as big of a change in QB numbers in recent years as we have is because good QBs are staying good longer, and you don't have as many teams needing to resort to stop gap guys or taking busts.

• Like 3