NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

6 hours ago, EThrow10 said:

I think Peyton Manning is the best QB of all-time. I am not sure what you guys think, I am more of a person who doesn't use to rings to evaluate individual greatness. 

I loved seeing Peyton Manning, especially when he was with the Colts, one of my favorite players who was not a Steelers but I have no choice but to admit that Tom Brady is ahead of him.But I think Manning has an argument over Montana.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I loved seeing Peyton Manning, especially when he was with the Colts, one of my favorite players who was not a Steelers but I have no choice but to admit that Tom Brady is ahead of him.But I think Manning has an argument over Montana.

Good post, I agree with it. Brady is the GOAT, but Manning has a very valid argument for #2. 

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Nope. Gotta go with Brady.

I agree that rings don't really matter when discussing GOAT or legacies for individual players....but Brady is still king regardless of how many rings he has.

Yea I'll disagree with that. I'd rather have a more skilled and talented QB which would be Manning. 

one of the cool things about the peyton brady comparison is we have a real big sample of head to head to compare them to which means we don't have to adjust for era as much when doing so as compared to say peyton v marino or any other older guy

11 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I would imagine he is already in CA or something. Oxnard is just down the road from LA. 

I saw a bunch of cowboy players partying in early august in Santa Barbara last august. None of the good players were there lol

4 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

He deserves to be on the hot seat ... I do not think it's going to happen, but if Rosen gets better than Murray, it'll be rock bottom for him

I'd go further and say that he should have been fired long before now. Even Trent Baalke hit on Deforest Buckner, and he was one of the worst drafters I have ever seen (though it's a little hard to blame him for Aldon Smith). That first round history is just horrific. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, N4L said:

People may not realize this, but CBS is currently feuding with direct TV, so CBS is blacked out, which means there are going to be some angry football fans out there come September

I just realized that anyone who has direct TV can probably pick up the free, digital broadcast of CBS/NBC with your TV. Most TVs built after 2006 have built in antennas, but if you dont you can get a cheap antenna online and you should be able to get HD digital broadcasts of those stations for free. There are probably thousands of football fans that will be ****ing pissed come week 1 when they dont realize they cant get their favorite team's game. 

Why CBS feels entitled to charge a lot to directv for channels that they literally broadcast for free, is beyond me. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd go further and say that he should have been fired long before now. Even Trent Baalke hit on Deforest Buckner, and he was one of the worst drafters I have ever seen (though it's a little hard to blame him for Aldon Smith). That first round history is just horrific. 

Before last year he averaged 10 wins a season. 

On 7/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, Small Town Values said:

AD going broke before he has even finished his career has to be a new record. 

Not a record, sadly enough. Mark Brunell was $39mm in debt due to some bad investments in real estate around the time that bubble crashed - it's why he kept playing well after he was ineffective, he needed the money. Charlie Batch was $22mm or so in debt, due to a lot of his charity work and bad investments as well. I'm sure there are other examples, too (Clinton Portis comes to mind...)

There are a lot of examples of these guys either doing stupid things on their own or getting taken advantage of by financial advisors, lawyers, con men, etc. Kind of sad, actually.