NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

5 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Honestly, he's not wrong.  I like a lot of Browns players (and want to see their fans see some success) but whenever there is 'hype' for another team you do kinda want to see them fail. 

But I do think the Browns deserve the positive hype they are getting...

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Doesn't matter if you're boring, just what results you can attain.

I never said it didn’t. It was just a chore to get through his film.

That being said, I think his ceiling just screams Kirk Cousins at best & wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on another team 7 years from now.

Just now, ClutchDJ said:

I never said it didn’t. It was just a chore to get through his film.

That being said, I think his ceiling just screams Kirk Cousins at best & wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on another team 7 years from now.

Would you be saying this if he was on any other team? 

My gut feeling is he basically becomes Matthew Stafford assuming he develops properly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Would you be saying this if he was on any other team? 

My gut feeling is he basically becomes Matthew Stafford assuming he develops properly.

See, I think he's more likely to be Flacco than Stafford, but I could see how most people view Stafford as his ceiling. Not sure if Haskins has the clutch factor that Stafford has.

Does anyone feel like Matt Stafford is kind of underrated, though? I mean, nobody has more forth-quarter comebacks than Stafford in his time in the league. And for most of the Lions' wins here of late, he's been having to overcome his own team's porous defense.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

See, I think he's more likely to be Flacco than Stafford, but I could see how most people view Stafford as his ceiling. Not sure if Haskins has the clutch factor that Stafford has.

Does anyone feel like Matt Stafford is kind of underrated, though? I mean, nobody has more forth-quarter comebacks than Stafford in his time in the league. And for most of the Lions' wins here of late, he's been having to overcome his own team's porous defense.

Prior to last season, I would have absolutely listed Stafford as the most underrated QB but after last season, I'm starting to wane confidence in him.

• Like 2