NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

if both he and Dak are on the market. Give me Stafford, easy.

Raiders can get out of Carr's contract next year super easy too. I doubt it happens but if he doesn't excel in the 2nd year of Gruden's system with all of the new toys, I could see us moving on and drafting a QB high.

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Tannehill threw u a pick-6 INT and later another INT in joint practice with the Patriots. He's settling right into his role with the Titans. 

Unpopular opinion, Tannehill was never the problem with the Dolphins, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up taking over the starting job from Mariota some time in 2019 regardless of Mariota's availability.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unpopular opinion, Tannehill was never the problem with the Dolphins, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up taking over the starting job from Mariota some time in 2019 regardless of Mariota's availability.

He's a Hotel Purgatory QB...good enough to give you hope and bad enough to crush your dreams. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. 

If I told you the Seahawks' week 1 history for the past four years looked like this...

2015 - Lost to Jeff Fisher's and Nick Foles' Rams

2016 - In Seattle, beat the Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill led Dolphins by only two points despite this

Image result for kenny stills drop gif

2017 - Lost in GB (understandable)

2018 - Lost to Vance Joseph and Case Keenum's Broncos

...Would you still expect them to roll Cincy in week 1 this year? Not saying Cincy is for sure going to go in there and win, but that 9 point betting line is looking pretty tasty.

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

2016 - In Seattle, beat the Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill led Dolphins by only two points despite this

Image result for kenny stills drop gif

Back then I was like 'how the heck can a passing team like the Saints give up a good WR like Kenny Stills?' then that play happened to ruin the season opener and I was like 'nevermind, it's all clear now.'