NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I raise ...

LT Matt Kalil, LG Tytus Howard, C Nick Martin, RG Zach Fulton, RT Seantrell Henderson

Wait, i literally had no clue Henderson was in the league still. He has Crohn's disease i think, and then had the issue with smoking medicinal marijuana and getting suspended. I thought he had a running into with the law at some point. Also the fact that he’s only 27 is crazy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Wait, i literally had no clue Henderson was in the league still. He has Crohn's disease i think, and then had the issue with smoking medicinal marijuana and getting suspended. I thought he had a running into with the law at some point. Also the fact that he’s only 27 is crazy.

He was the Texans starting RT for about 30 minutes last season - broke his leg W1 at New England. He was on a 1 year deal last season and surprisingly got a 2nd contract this off-season.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I was expecting to see Steve Tasker, not Steve Young. 

It's an insult to Young, IMO.

I'm going to give him the context benefit of the doubt here:

“If you look back at Steve’s career, people don’t remember the time before he came to the NFL, you have a very athletic player that, I think, advanced when he got to San Francisco,” Payton said. “He always had great ability with his legs, so you’re trying to create visions for players, and that’s no different than how you’d evaluate how we see Teddy Bridgewaterprogressing and what we think he can be. That’s the business we’re in.”

In my opinion, it looks as though he's comparing Hill to Young on sheer athleticism and acknowledging that it took him some time to develop. He then transitions into saying that he HOPES Hill will make similar strides as a QB and hoping to create a Steve Young VERSION of Hill. This may as well be translated into "poor man's version". That said, PRIME Steve Young is one of the most physically gifted QB's (if not THE MOST) that I've ever seen. 4.4 speed (yes folks, you read that right) with a beautiful deep ball, cannon of an arm, and pinpoint accuracy in the pocket or on the run. He was a more athletic and left handed Aaron Rodgers with a SLIGHTLY worse arm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Be mindful that the Bengals are missing Jonah Williams and Cordy Glenn.

The Texans? That's their fully healthy lineup.

This is fair.  Right now though our second best blocker is probably Drew Sample.  I want apologies from everyone that laughed at our 2nd round pick...

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

This is fair.  Right now though our second best blocker is probably Drew Sample.  I want apologies from everyone that laughed at our 2nd round pick...

Sure you'd put him above 'a well timed stiff breeze'?

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

He's not wrong, didn't he try to get his buddy Rodger fired because of the suspensions to Zeke? 

Oh yeah
And there's other incidents that Jerry and his fixer, The Wolf,  sat on in order to keep Zeke out of the public eye

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/when-the-dallas-cowboys-have-a-problem-this-is-the-man-who-makes-it-go-away/2016/09/30/a7bdeaf0-84e8-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html

The following teams performed the best in points per drive, relative to their average starting field position:

Team ASFP rank PPD rank Difference
Atlanta Falcons 29th T-4th +25
Pittsburgh Steelers 32nd 9th +23
Tampa Bay Buccaneers T-30th T-10th +20
Seattle Seahawks 21st 7th +14
Green Bay Packers 25th 15th +10
San Francisco 49ers T-30th 20th +10

The following teams performed the worst in points per drive, relative to their average starting field position:

New York Jets 4th T-28th -24
Buffalo Bills 10th 30th -20
Minnesota Vikings 7th 24th -17
Miami Dolphins 12th 27th -15
Houston Texans 2nd T-16th -14

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/amjnxs/data_average_starting_field_position_vs_points/

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

The following teams performed the best in points per drive, relative to their average starting field position:

Atlanta Falcons 29th T-4th +25
Pittsburgh Steelers 32nd 9th +23
Tampa Bay Buccaneers T-30th T-10th +20
Seattle Seahawks 21st 7th +14
Green Bay Packers 25th 15th +10
San Francisco 49ers T-30th 20th +10

The following teams performed the worst in points per drive, relative to their average starting field position:

New York Jets 4th T-28th -24
Buffalo Bills 10th 30th -20
Minnesota Vikings 7th 24th -17
Miami Dolphins 12th 27th -15
Houston Texans 2nd T-16th -14

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/amjnxs/data_average_starting_field_position_vs_points/

The field position for the Steelers have been a major problem for a very long time ... Last year, it was the rock bottom ... Our awful special team and the very few turnovers by our defense (15 which was tie for the lowest in steelers history) were a major problem.