NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

13 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Sorry for the double post...

Where Clowney will play this year?

I've heard a ton of rumors, but nothing about a need for WR - this is nothing but speculation at this point.

The coaching staff and FO are "All In" on Will Fuller - he's considered a core player, and he's going to get every opportunity for that job. 

Trading Clowney is a significant possibility... but it won't be for a WR. I'm nearly certain on that (but I've been wrong before).

EDIT: I could see the Texans grabbing a higher end WR and immediately trading said WR + picks to Washington for Trent Williams. That's a thing, I guess.

Someone connected in Houston once said Clowney to Miami for Larmey Tunsil was a serious conversation - that's probably the only way I'd feel good about trading Clowney, bringing in a young, ascending LT. 

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Someone connected in Houston once said Clowney to Miami for Larmey Tunsil was a serious conversation - that's probably the only way I'd feel good about trading Clowney, bringing in a young, ascending LT. 

Philly beat writers are saying the Alshon Jeffrey thing is nonsense. 

I do not know if a NFL caliber TE will be cut or traded in the next week ... I say that because the Steelers have no depth at the TE position after Vance McDonald .... No need to be a star, if this TE is just very average, I'll be happy!

The steelers have always make trade in the last week of the preseason since 2015 too.So I expect this to be the case again this year and if they do that I think it will be for a TE, but I just do not know for which TE!

• Like 1