NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

5 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Lol you sound like you have someone in mind asking this question.

No, honestly completely random question. I see players who look good in preseason who are UNDRAFTED and see higher draft picks not look so good. So was just curious what was the highest draft pick to ever get cut their rookie year.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

All the good teams are bad now? How did you come to that conclussion. Why wishful, i dont have a dog in any other those predictions.

Dolphins winning the AFCE = Pats are gone, or at least are taken away from having homefield.A place that the chargers just never seem to do all that well in

the Cardinals and Bucs both being 9-7 has implications for their divisions that have at least two other teams that are favorited to make the playoffs. It’s not outright doing it. But hard to imagine the numbers working out where they can both be 9-7, and the Rams, Seahawks, Falcons and Saints would also be that or better. Especially since the NFC West and South play each other this year.

Ravens, to most are a good team with a question mark. How will Lamar do. And the Eagles have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL. Neither one is really primed for an awful year...let alone the worst year in the league.

insinuating potentially the Chargers will have the top scoring offense, and defense? Think the 9ers will be good again chips away at the two good teams in the division.

Mahomes becoming human, seemingly to step aside for the chargers run.

Id argue the Texans and Titans were less scary than the Colts and Jags (before Luck) seem to be propping them up. Not the worst ones here tho

So the Chiefs, Patriots and Ravens are kinda pushed down or out. Along with the Colts and Jags. All the teams that are a tough pull in the playoffs typically.

and then The Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Falcons, Eagles, and somewhat the Vikings...all get pushed down, perhaps out of the playoffs. Elevating worse QBs (Dak, Trubs, Kyler, Winston, I guess Jimmy G too) for an easier SB pull.

just way it seems like, wishful thinking that most of the betting favorites take a bit of a dive. And the chargers will be able to easily take advantage of the situation.

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dolphins winning the AFCE = Pats are gone, or at least are taken away from having homefield.A place that the chargers just never seem to do all that well in

the Cardinals and Bucs both being 9-7 has implications for their divisions that have at least two other teams that are favorited to make the playoffs. It’s not outright doing it. But hard to imagine the numbers working out where they can both be 9-7, and the Rams, Seahawks, Falcons and Saints would also be that or better. Especially since the NFC West and South play each other this year.

Ravens, to most are a good team with a question mark. How will Lamar do. And the Eagles have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL. Neither one is really primed for an awful year...let alone the worst year in the league.

insinuating potentially the Chargers will have the top scoring offense, and defense? Think the 9ers will be good again chips away at the two good teams in the division.

Mahomes becoming human, seemingly to step aside for the chargers run.

Id argue the Texans and Titans were less scary than the Colts and Jags (before Luck) seem to be propping them up. Not the worst ones here tho

So the Chiefs, Patriots and Ravens are kinda pushed down or out. Along with the Colts and Jags. All the teams that are a tough pull in the playoffs typically.

and then The Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Falcons, Eagles, and somewhat the Vikings...all get pushed down, perhaps out of the playoffs. Elevating worse QBs (Dak, Trubs, Kyler, Winston, I guess Jimmy G too) for an easier SB pull.

just way it seems like, wishful thinking that most of the betting favorites take a bit of a dive. And the chargers will be able to easily take advantage of the situation.

That's some next level NFL eco-system math. I like i like. But honestly none of that was my intent. I just know the trends of the NFL. Whatever everyone usually expects to happen, rarely does and what people expect to never happen, does a good amount of times. There is alot of drastic parody and turnover in the NFL.

I dont sincerely expect Chargers to have 1 and 1. It's just a caveat to my Hou and 49er predictions.

Edited by Bearerofnews

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

Including playoffs, the Tampa Bay Bucs have 266 wins in franchise history.

Tom Brady has 237 career wins.

The Bucs were established in 1976

Tom Brady was born in 1977

that's absurd

and Brady missed a whole season in 08 and didn't start in 00..that's maybe 15+ wins between those "what if" seasons