NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

The Ravens are going to go 9-7 with like a +200 point differential and miss the playoffs again despite all the "advanced" stats saying they deserved to be here. I kept telling myself that the close loss/blowout win thing they got going on is not sustainable, but it's actually gotten worse than last season.

But, we're probably going to get something like the Dolphins/Bengals/Texans/Titans going into KC and NE and getting wrecked in week 2 of the AFC playoffs aren't we?

Is it just me, or is elite quarterback play down this year compared to the last few seasons? Seems like the top dogs aren't balling out as per usual. Or at least have had slow starts. Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers haven't consistently dominated yet. Eli is done, but that's not new. Roethlisberger has been up and down. Mahomes and Goff look like best guys right now.

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

But, we're probably going to get something like the Dolphins/Bengals/Texans/Titans going into KC and NE and getting wrecked in week 2 of the AFC playoffs aren't we?

If if the Fins made it to week 2 of the playoffs, that would be a joyful occasion as it's been 18 years since that happened. 

Voters are older than Miami's last playoff win. Sheesh. 

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Is it just me, or is elite quarterback play down this year compared to the last few seasons? Seems like the top dogs aren't balling out as per usual. Or at least have had slow starts. Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers haven't consistently dominated yet. Eli is done, but that's not new. Roethlisberger has been up and down. Mahomes and Goff look like best guys right now.

Brees has been stellar. 120 rating, 13 TD 0 picks