NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

I really want the Vikings to ditch the cool, futuristic uniforms and adopt a real retro, steely, cold, hard uniform - really play into the VIKING theme. Hell, all grow beards and long platted hair whilst you're at it. Come into the stadium on a long boat! 

What do you reckon Vike fans?

Has anyone noticed come kickoffs that the returner waves off as he lets it sail over his head only for it to barely make it out of the endzone for a touchback? And at the same time the ref sees the kick returner wave it off and blows the whistle. I feel like that ball is going to be recovered for a touchdown the time it manages to stay in the endzone or there is going to be controversy when the covering teams recovers it and the whistle has already gone. 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:20 PM, Forge said:

Generally speaking, I'd wait probably 2 years before hyping any quarterback. 

At least 3. We’ve seen the same thing that happened to Watson happen to guys in their sophomore year as well. Tape matters a lot and early success doesn’t mean a whole lot. Some of the best QB’s of the last several years were not outstanding their first year or so and then went on to be great. Meanwhile the league is full of mediocre guys who had a promising freshman or sophomore season

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Has anyone noticed come kickoffs that the returner waves off as he lets it sail over his head only for it to barely make it out of the endzone for a touchback? And at the same time the ref sees the kick returner wave it off and blows the whistle. I feel like that ball is going to be recovered for a touchdown the time it manages to stay in the endzone or there is going to be controversy when the covering teams recovers it and the whistle has already gone. 

I think the play is over once it hits in the endzone this year.

The Rams will probably lose one to either/both Seattle and SF (divisional games are always tough), and between the Packers, Saints, Vikings, Eagles, and Chiefs they will probably lose at least two of those (possibly three).  I think my preseason prediction of the Rams going 11-5 will be pretty close to dead on.  

But I don't see the Bills winning a game this year to be honest.  They "might" steal one or two from the Jets, Dolphins, Titans, Bears, or Lions but I'd be surprised...

Edited by megatechpc

21 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's because they changed the rule. It's a touchback as soon as the ball hits the ground in the end zone.

Career QB, ratings.

Patrick MyHomies 130

Aaron All state Rodgers 103

Baker Mayfield 100

Russel Wilson 98

Deshaun Watson 98

Tom Brady 97

Drew Bree’s 97

Jenny G 95

Phillp Rivers 95 

Dak Prescott 95

Kirk Cousins 94

Big Ben 93

Matt Ryan 93

Jared Goff 90 

Turohd Taylor 89

Sandy Dalton 89 

Carson Wentz 88

Matthew Stafford 88

44 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Career QB, ratings.

Patrick MyHomies 130

Baker Mayfield 100

Russel Wilson 98

Deshaun Watson 98

Tom Brady 97

Drew Bree’s 97

Jenny G 95

Phillp Rivers 95 

Dak Prescott 95

Kirk Cousins 94

Big Ben 93

Matt Ryan 93

Jared Goff 90 

Turohd Taylor 89

Sandy Dalton 89 

Carson Wentz 88

Matthew Stafford 88

If you take out that mess of a season Goff had to endure with Fisher, I wounder what he QB rating is?

47 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Career QB, ratings.

Patrick MyHomies 130

Baker Mayfield 100

Russel Wilson 98

Deshaun Watson 98

Tom Brady 97

Drew Bree’s 97

Jenny G 95

Phillp Rivers 95 

Dak Prescott 95

Kirk Cousins 94

Big Ben 93

Matt Ryan 93

Jared Goff 90 

Turohd Taylor 89

Sandy Dalton 89 

Carson Wentz 88

Matthew Stafford 88

Gotta love how people call Brady the "GOAT" when he doesn't even have a top 5 passer rating among just the active QBs! LOL

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If you take out that mess of a season Goff had to endure with Fisher, I wounder what he QB rating is?

Well.. 

here are some stats since last year and including this years 2 games. Here are the leading qbs with TD passes. 

Russel Wilson, 39 TDS - 14 ints, 61% Completion, 4,507 Yards, 94.7 Rating. Sacked 55 Times. 7.25 Y/A.. 9 Wins 9 Losses. 

Tom Brady, 37 TDS - 9 INTs, 66% Completion, 5,088 Yards, 102 Rating. Sacked 39 times. 7.77 Y/A 14 Wins 4 Losses. 

Phillip Rivers 34 TDS - 11 Ints, 63% Completion, 5,195 Yards, 98 Rating. Sacked 21 Times. 7.96 Y/A 10 Wins 8 Losses.

Kirk Cousins, 33 TDS, 14 Ints, 64% Completion, 4,762 Yards, 95 Rating. Sacked 46 times. 7.63 Y/A 8 Wins 9 Losses 1 tie. 

Matthew Stafford, 33 TDS, 14 INTS, 65% Completion, 5,079 Yards, 96 Rating. Sacked 49 Times. 7.65 Y/A 9 Wins 9 Losses.

Carson Wentz, 33 TDS, 7 INTs, 60% Completion, 3,296 Yards, 101 Rating. Sacked 28 Times. 7.49 Y/A. 11 Wins 2 Losses. 

Ben Roethlisberger, 32 TDS, 17 INTs, 63% Completion, 5,038 Yards, 92 Rating. Sacked 26 times. 7.61 Y/A. 12 Wins 4 Losses 1 Tie 

Andy Dalton, 31 TDS, 13 INTs, 60% Completion, 3,828 Yards, 89 Rating. Sacked 41 times. 6.76 Y/A. 9 Wins 9 Losses. 

Jared Goff, 31 TDS 8 INTs, 62% Completion, 4,391 Yards, 100 Rating. Sacked 28 times. 8.10 Y/A. 13 Wins 4 Losses. 

Alex Smith, 28 TDS 5 INTs, 67% Completion, 4,589 Yards, 104 Rating. Sacked 41 Times. 7.90 Y/A. 10 Wins 7 Losses. 

Blake Bortles is 12 with. 

26 TDS 15 INTs, 60% Completion, 4,239 Yards, 85 Rating. Sacked 25 Times. 7.05 Y/A .

12 Wins 6 Losses. 

Do we have a name for this fancy little shovel pass play that has taken the league by storm? WR in motion runs in front of the QB, who takes the snap and instanttly shuffles it off to the WR in motion, a glorified hand-off. It is inflating QB numbers like mad, I'll tell you that much, and I won't stand for it! It's so odd why it's so effective, or why it didn't already hit the league considering it's so simple in execution and in theory.

play at 8:28 if you don't know what I am referring to. Off the top my head the Cowboys and Chiefs have also used it to score. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss