NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I knew Malcom butler was severely overrated but damn he’s rated as the worst CB in the league. 

Kevin Johnson is hurt - he'd probably hold that title (for the 2nd year in a row) if he was healthy, but he's concussed.

I'm a bit shocked on Butler, thought he was going to have a big chip on his shoulder. 

I'll continue piling on...

Deshaun Watson has been under pressure on 47.6% of his dropbacks. Just about every other passing attempt has led to pressure. 

This has the look of a David Carr situation - 2nd QB in franchise history Houston is gonna ruin.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@Dome you LIED to me about Senio Kelemete. I have 100,000 Suns waiting to unfurl their wrath on you.

It’s cause you LIED to me about Deshaun Watson. I was assured he was the greatest thing to happen to Texas since we allowed it to quit being Mexico. 

If I had known Watson was in fact unable to elevate the players around him, I would’ve told you Senio sucks and was a backup for a reason. 

Tell your QB to be better, Senio will follow. I know it seems backwards and it honestly is, but I had to come up with something, ya know? 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll continue piling on...

Deshaun Watson has been under pressure on 47.6% of his dropbacks. Just about every other passing attempt has led to pressure. 

This has the look of a David Carr situation - 2nd QB in franchise history Houston is gonna ruin.

I might be wrong here, but I watched the Texans/Titans game and came away thinking the OL wasn't that bad.  Most of the pressures I thought were due to Watson holding on the ball too long...

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

It’s cause you LIED to me about Deshaun Watson. I was assured he was the greatest thing to happen to Texas since we allowed it to quit being Mexico. 

If I had known Watson was in fact unable to elevate the players around him, I would’ve told you Senio sucks and was a backup for a reason. 

Tell your QB to be better, Senio will follow. 

That's the really sad part - HE IS!

We'd be losing 80-6 if Watson isn't there!

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

I might be wrong here, but I watched the Texans/Titans game and came away thinking the OL wasn't that bad.  Most of the pressures I thought were due to Watson holding on the ball too long...

I'll be honest here for a sec and say this is part of the problem. Watson is trying too hard to hit the big play to Fuller or Hopkins, and it's leading to some of the pressure. 

The adjustment needs to come in the form of a shorter passing game - when the Texans go to that quicker release game, they move the ball very well.

• Like 1