NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

38 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why do the Texans suck seemingly over night?

It wasn't overnight. It was over the past three/four years. We won a few division titles, but that was against a bad division. They'd go 6-0 in division, 3-7 out of division, with a few of these deflating losses tossed in.

Now, the Titans and Jags are competitive and the Texans can't keep pace. 

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It wasn't overnight. It was over the past three/four years. We won a few division titles, but that was against a bad division. They'd go 6-0 in division, 3-7 out of division, with a few of these deflating losses tossed in.

Now, the Titans and Jags are competitive and the Texans can't keep pace. 

But why are they bad? Everything on paper looks good except for the offensive line.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Our O can move the ball, but not score. 

Oakland is better than their record suggests and I'm saying that as a Chiefs fan.  

I'm not sold on the Rams though.  They seem to be continuing last year's success but it in the past every time a team dips into free agency as heavily as they did, the football gods don't like it.

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Not saying this isn’t a good choice (it is), but what is the reason teams do this every year?  They start some average at best placeholder QB on a bad team instead of the rookie, then yank them after they predictably look bad in the first 2-4 games.  Why not just start the rookie?  What else did they expect?  I could at least see it from the Texans side last year—you didn’t know for sure what you had in Savage.  But we’ve seen Bradford.  He’s not the kinda guy who is gonna make a bad team good, not to mention the injuries.

In a 16 game season, you’ve already eliminated 18% worth of games for Rosen to learn and improve on the field.  And for no reason. 

Just doesn’t make much sense to me.  

Everybody trying to copy the Chiefs

21 minutes ago, El ramster said:
23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is he gone at the end of the year?

He just got an extension 

Not like that goes against the salary cap or anything. All McNair has to do is negotiate a buyout, walk away from this.