NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Are there any examples of players who had Hall of Fame-worthy careers with two different teams?  I was trying to think if some exist because of the probable AB trade and wondering if he could do it considering his play-style and only being 30.

Reggie White was the only one I could think of off the top of my head.

Eagles (120 Games): 124 sacks, 18 FFs, 2 INTs, 7x Pro Bowler (6x First-Team All-Pro), 4 Postseason Sacks

Packers (95 Games): 68.5 Sacks, 14 FFs, 1 INT, 6x Pro Bowler (2x First-Team All-Pro), 8 Postseason Sacks, including 3 sacks in a Super Bowl win

Do they have to be prime with multiple teams or just have quality years on their resume?

Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson... ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Are there any examples of players who had Hall of Fame-worthy careers with two different teams?  I was trying to think if some exist because of the probable AB trade and wondering if he could do it considering his play-style and only being 30.

Eagles (120 Games): 124 sacks, 18 FFs, 2 INTs, 7x Pro Bowler (6x First-Team All-Pro), 4 Postseason Sacks

Packers (95 Games): 68.5 Sacks, 14 FFs, 1 INT, 6x Pro Bowler (2x First-Team All-Pro), 8 Postseason Sacks, including 3 sacks in a Super Bowl win

Steve Hutchinson?

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Steve Hutchinson?

I don't think he'd have the longevity with either. As I assume he means players where if you took their years with just team A, it was a hall of fame career, and if you took their years with just team B, it was a hall of fame career. Hutchinson basically played 4 years with Seattle. Had his rookie year, then a year he missed 12 games, and then 3 years at an elite level. We're basically looking at Carl Nicks career wise for that.

It's a tough set of criteria to fill. Gotta be a hall of famer already, which makes it a short list in the first place. You really need to have had at least like a 16 year career. You need to have played for multiple teams. And I think it pretty much has to be two. Maybe three if the third was just a tacked on year at the end or something. Because it can't be the kind of guy who jumped around a decent amount like Moss, Sanders, or Owens as the stats are too spread out. The split between the two teams needs to be very equal, otherwise you get a Tony Gonzalez kind of split where 12 years with team A is probably enough, but the 5 with team B is likely too short. A lot of things need to fall right to make it work.

Reggie White is probably the best contender. Charles Woodson is an interesting possibility, I think. Higher peak in Green Bay but 11 years in Oakland might have been enough accumulation to get in. Adam Vinatieri, if he keeps playing long enough with Indy, could've made it as a Patriot for the high profile kicks, and would've had a chance as a Colt by the way of field goal percentage and bulk stats. QBs are a little harder to predict with awards, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if a guy with Peyton's 4 year stretch in Denver, but nothing else, made the hall. Would be hard to not put in a QB with the league record in yards and TDs, and MVP, and a superbowl win. Even if their career only lasted 4 years. And Peyton's Indy career alone would definitely have warranted the hall.

17 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Marshall Faulk was a perennial Pro Bowl RB in Indianapolis for 5 years before being an MVP/All Pro caliber guy in St. Louis.

Deion Sanders was fantastic in Atlanta and Dallas, not to mention his pit stop in San Francisco.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They would take it and laugh all the way to the bank. What an overpayment by the Chiefs.

I was starting to think this myself the more I thought about it. But I haven't looked into his value or any rumors.

What do you think they could get away with giving away with draft picks if Watkins was part of the deal?

49 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Jason Witten is coming out of retirement from the looks of it. If he can play at the level he can play at that's a huge thing for Dallas. 

I have little doubt that he can play at the level he can play at.

Also I don't care if that's an overpay the Chiefs need to pull the trigger and get AB. Even if it means sweetening the deal early before other teams can decide to get involved.

Andy Reid has managed media attracting, egocentric WR's before and could easily earn the respect of AB. And AB wouldn't have any problems putting up numbers in our offense alongside Hill and Kelce.

You can't tell me with a healthy AB that the Chiefs won't win the super bowl. You just can't. We lost the championship on a coin flip because our offense got out to a slow start with the Patriots doubling Tyreek Hill. Good luck trying to pull that **** once we got Brown.

Us having Watkins who is on a low risk contract but keeps the Steelers passing game dynamic also makes for a perfect trade frame work.

Edited by MVPatrickMahomes15

7 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Also I don't care if that's an overpay the Chiefs need to pull the trigger and get AB. Even if it means sweetening the deal early before other teams can decide to get involved.

Andy Reid has managed media attracting, egocentric WR's before and could easily earn the respect of AB. And AB wouldn't have any problems putting up numbers in our offense alongside Hill and Kelce.

You can't tell me with a healthy AB that the Chiefs won't win the super bowl. You just can't. We lost the championship on a coin flip because our offense got out to a slow start with the Patriots doubling Tyreek Hill. Good luck trying to pull that **** once we got Brown.

Us having Watkins who is on a low risk contract but keeps the Steelers passing game dynamic also makes for a perfect trade frame work.

You are ignoring other teams moves. Patriots won the SB with WR busts and Lacrosse players. Imagine if they actually get some decent wide receivers. The Colts have a **** ton of cap room and are only going to get better. Chargers get Henry and Bosa back for a full season.

So if everything stays the same and the Chiefs add AB, yes they would likely win the SB but plenty more things are to change.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

You are ignoring other teams moves. Patriots won the SB with WR busts and Lacrosse players. Imagine if they actually get some decent wide receivers. The Colts have a **** ton of cap room and are only going to get better. Chargers get Henry and Bosa back for a full season.

So if everything stays the same and the Chiefs add AB, yes they would likely win the SB but plenty more things are to change.

The Patriots are done and you can have all of the cap space in the world but I still don't see how you stop Mahomes, Brown, Kelce, and Hill.

Just now, SBLIII said:

Your hope isn't very realistic. 

Why not? Watkins makes just a little less than AB but can be cut after next season with no loss if the Steelers decide to move on. The deal makes a ton more sense than any others that have been rumored. Showtime Mahomes and Showtime Brown. The Chiefs then become the bad guys and win, win, win, and win some more until people are sick of it. And then we win, again. And again. And again.