Jump to content
11sanchez11

NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Why not? Watkins makes just a little less than AB but can be cut after next season with no loss if the Steelers decide to move on. The deal makes a ton more sense than any others that have been rumored. Showtime Mahomes and Showtime Brown. The Chiefs then become the bad guys and win, win, win, and win some more until people are sick of it. And then we win, again. And again. And again.

Not that part. As for becoming the bad guys, extremely unlikely. According to fans we should have had Eagles, 49ers, Steelers, Packers and Seahawks dynasties just in the last 15 years but none of those happened. But in theory possible I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also have an extra 2nd rounder this year that we could part with no problem. Reports were strong last season that we were about to send that pick off for Earl Thomas who is also a bit of a media circus kind of guy.

This deal is starting to make too much sense to not happen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SBLIII said:

Not that part. As for becoming the bad guys, extremely unlikely. According to fans we should have had Eagles, 49ers, Steelers, Packers and Seahawks dynasties just in the last 15 years but none of those happened. But in theory possible I guess.

I'm looking at the rosters for all of those teams over the past 15 years and I don't see Patrick Mahomes anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

The Patriots are done...

Famous last words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I'm looking at the rosters for all of those teams over the past 15 years and I don't see Patrick Mahomes anywhere.

No, I saw a similar QB on the Dolphins for 17 years. 0 titles. The Chiefs better take their chance this year because once the 35M caphit is on Pat things will get rough ask the Packers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We absolutely do not have any need for Antonio Brown. Offensive weapons are probably behind only QB in terms of positions we need to upgrade. The value we'd get for what we'd have to give up would not even be close to worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Famous last words.

Tom terrific REALLY should have retired this season. Would have been the ultimate Happy Ending. Now it's going to be depressing watching how quickly Mahomes snatches his torch.

Edited by MVPatrickMahomes15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jakuvious said:

We absolutely do not have any need for Antonio Brown. Offensive weapons are probably behind only QB in terms of positions we need to upgrade. The value we'd get for what we'd have to give up would not even be close to worth it.

By value you mean a guaranteed super bowl win for the next 3 years? what's the value of a super bowl win? Some teams  would trade a whole draft for one. You're a smart guy, quit over thinking it. This would be the most unstoppable offense ever assembled in NFL history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

By value you mean a guaranteed super bowl win for the next 3 years? what's the value of a super bowl win? Some teams  would trade a whole draft for one. You're a smart guy, quit over thinking it. This would be the most unstoppable offense ever assembled in NFL history.

Worked out well for like the last 3 unstoppable offenses lol. In fact they scored a whopping 39 combined points in those 3 SBs (greatest show on turf, 16-0 Pats, Manning Broncos).

 

Invest in defense or y'all aren't winning anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys can talk about value until you're blue in the face. Amari Cooper is a scrub and the Raiders still got a 1st round pick out of him. This forum is underestimating Brown's value in my opinion, because his character issues are servely overblown. I would love the energy he would bring to Kansas City from the very start of training camp. Every player on our squad woukd know that we have the best offense in NFL history by a good margin with the league favoring offense more than ever. It's Showtime and if you're a role player all you got to so is do your job and you're getting an easy championship.

 

Even If AB has a TERRIBLE year you're still looking at 1,000 yards and 10 TD's. This is an all time great talent and competitor. And also, WR is a much bigger need for us than it seems on the surface. Conley is gone and Watkins isn't reliable and I don't want to watch Tyreek Hill get doubled for an entire playoff game and do nothing again. **** that noise.

Edited by MVPatrickMahomes15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

The Patriots are done and you can have all of the cap space in the world but I still don't see how you stop Mahomes, Brown, Kelce, and Hill.

You are too high on Mahomes. Watch his highlights, 2/3rd of his amazing plays are throws to Tyreek Hills, which usually is an indication of huge problem in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

By value you mean a guaranteed super bowl win for the next 3 years? what's the value of a super bowl win? Some teams  would trade a whole draft for one. You're a smart guy, quit over thinking it. This would be the most unstoppable offense ever assembled in NFL history.

First of all, NOTHING guarantees a super bowl win. It's too hard to do to just be guaranteed. If all you need is a great QB + weapons the Packers would've broken the bank getting WRs by now.

Second, I like our chances far better with a mediocre defense to pair with our already great offense, than trying to make the offense even greater. If we're going to go all in, let's grab a S, a LB or two, and a CB. Not more WRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, William Lee said:

You are too high on Mahomes. Watch his highlights, 2/3rd of his amazing plays are throws to Tyreek Hills, which usually is an indication of huge problem in future.

This isn't true for starters. That's a random fraction pulled out of nowhere. But there's also no real reason why a lot of his highlights being to his #1 WR would be a problem anyway. They should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

First of all, NOTHING guarantees a super bowl win. It's too hard to do to just be guaranteed. If all you need is a great QB + weapons the Packers would've broken the bank getting WRs by now.

Second, I like our chances far better with a mediocre defense to pair with our already great offense, than trying to make the offense even greater. If we're going to go all in, let's grab a S, a LB or two, and a CB. Not more WRs.

Homie needs to learn about diminishing returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×