NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

99% of the Dallas Forum, yes. Rest of us, not so much.

Prescott was legitimately good his rookie season though. The fact that things aren't looking so bright right now doesn't really give you guys any benefit of hindsight. 

48 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Prescott was legitimately good his rookie season though. The fact that things aren't looking so bright right now doesn't really give you guys any benefit of hindsight. 

You were able to make a lot of assumptions on him though. That OL, that run game, healthy and productive Dez and Witten - would have been hard to fail with that at your disposal.

The real Dak showed up last season, with Zeke gone and Dez/Witten showing age. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

You were able to make a lot of assumptions on him though. That OL, that run game, healthy and productive Dez and Witten - would have been hard to fail with that at your disposal.

The real Dak showed up last season, with Zeke gone and Dez/Witten showing age. 

i’d argue that most signal callers this side of mike glennon could’ve had that season

i will say dak is a threat to run credit to him there but as a passer he’s so mediocre verging on quite bad

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Good for rookie I'll give him, but that's about it. He was playing in about as ideal a situation as possible, one in which I'd garner around 30ish NFL QBs could have put up similiar numbers if they were in the same spot he was, with the same role. He was just the consummate game manager that year, and very rarely are run games as good as Dallas's was in 2016 that a QB can be asked to do so little. He didn't forget how to play football from 2016 to 2017 or to now, he just failed to improve much. Meanwhile his supporting cast got worse (lost WRs, safety blanket Witten, OL has declined each year, didn't have Zeke for several games), his coaching staff is awful and do him no favors with playcalling (granted maybe he really is that bad that they are handcuffed by his limitations, but I don't buy that because if that were the case why wouldn't they have shown any interest in finding a successor?), not to mention opposing coaches had a year's worth of tape on him. All that contributes to the massive efficiency drop-off.

Now I don't think Dak is truly done and without a future in the NFL, he still can improve, and a different offense that makes more use of his running ability could do him wonders. However, I am confident he'll never be a franchise QB, and isn't worth a long term extension (but I really hope jerruh gives him one). I foresee a stop-gap starter/journey man career post-Dallas. Best case scenario of Alex Smith, which isn't bad at all. Worst case scenario of being out of the league in a few years.

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Dak has a streak of not throwing for at least 200yds. During that streak these QBs have thrown for at least 200yds:

David Fales

Landry Jones

Baker Mayfield (in one half)

Hell first 1/2 , off the bench of his NFL career to boot.

34 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if you play in the slot does that automatically make you a CB? can it not be called slot safety? the cards have used their base safety (Tyrann and now Budda) in the slot for the last five years or so. People eventually just call them cornerbacks tho.

Hybrid.

Archived