NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

21 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

We were a COIN FLIP away from WINNING. THE. CHAMPIONSHIP this season with our QB and overall core in their first season together. We finally got rid of our bum defensive coordinator. We're getting Landon Collins and there's whispers we're getting Le'Veon Bell. We have the best special teams coach in the league. The Patriots are done. With all of these things considered, you would be SHOCKED if we simply just made the super bowl, in the next SEVEN years?

I call horse****.

I've heard this every year for 5-7 years now and guess what...We're still outchea.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Hell in the cell, Wrestlemania.... loser leaves town. 

If Chiefs make the playoffs next year, ill rock any sig and avatar you want for 1 year and vice versa. 

Just the PLAYOFFS? That's pretty bold. I can see maybe 6th seed if LAC wins the divison and someone like IND or HOU has a big year but 7th or lower would shock me, not gonna lie. 

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

Just the PLAYOFFS? That's pretty bold. I can see maybe 6th seed if LAC wins the divison and someone like IND or HOU has a big year but 7th or lower would shock me, not gonna lie. 

He's banking heavy on the return of the Madden Curse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

I think Mahomes is a dynamic unique QB. So game planning for him weekly, organically through out his first year, is tough. I think with the ample game film out, his tendencies and nuances; i sincerely believe he will have a rather significant decline in production. He was why they won 12 games. You take away a huge part of that and i truly believe you will see a struggling offense. I project alot of "what is wrong with KC's offense talk" alot of KC fans ranting about moving on from Reid. 

I do believe their defense will be surprisingly better. I see them losing a few games they shouldn't to worse teams.  I see 8-8 or 9-7. 

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I think Mahomes is a dynamic unique QB. So game planning for him weekly, organically through out his first year, is tough. I think with the ample game film out, his tendencies and nuances; i sincerely believe he will have a rather significant decline in production. He was why they won 12 games. You take away a huge part of that and i truly believe you will see a struggling offense. I project alot of "what is wrong with KC's offense talk" alot of KC fans ranting about moving on from Reid. 

I do believe their defense will be surprisingly better. I see them losing a few games they shouldn't to worse teams.  I see 8-8 or 9-7. 

He kind of transcends tendencies and film though, for me. His tendencies are to rocket the ball with lazer-like velocity. One of those things where you can't really scheme it away. Even when we beat them twice, he got his - it's inevitable. Your offense will have to score more than him. You can scheme his weapons, but again - that throw can turn covered receivers into viable targets

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He kind of transcends tendencies and film though, for me. His tendencies are to rocket the ball with lazer-like velocity. One of those things where you can't really scheme it away. Even when we beat them twice, he got his - it's inevitable. Your offense will have to score more than him. You can scheme his weapons, but again - that throw can turn covered receivers into viable targets

I think you're over-selling things - in the AFCCG especially he was relying on broken plays, or long gains on screens. He was definitely confused. The explosive plays in the second half of both games, I would say, were more about NE's DBs getting gassed chasing the fast KC WRs all over the field.

I'm in the "Mahomes is good, but he might never get to this level ever again" crowd personally.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

I think you're over-selling things - in the AFCCG especially he was relying on broken plays, or long gains on screens. He was definitely confused. The explosive plays in the second half of both games, I would say, were more about NE's DBs getting gassed chasing the fast KC WRs all over the field.

I'm in the "Mahomes is good, but he might never get to this level ever again" crowd personally.

I hope you're right. 

• Like 1

On 7.3.2019 at 8:47 PM, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

We were a COIN FLIP away from WINNING. THE. CHAMPIONSHIP this season with our QB and overall core in their first season together. We finally got rid of our bum defensive coordinator. We're getting Landon Collins and there's whispers we're getting Le'Veon Bell. We have the best special teams coach in the league. The Patriots are done. With all of these things considered, you would be SHOCKED if we simply just made the super bowl, in the next SEVEN years?

I call horse****.

lol

• Like 5

On 3/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

I call horse****.

Well... 0 for 1 so far.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, Bearerofnews said:

It's like people on here dont watch football and havent been tracking data of trends for over 15 years. People still seem to be under the perception of continued progressive trajectory of teams... its very rare. Its why only 1 team has done it for the last 20 years and they needed alot of luck and breaks.  This MVP guy is going to be heartbroken for the next near decade. 

Its pretty clear youre just trolling the dude at this point.

He is going off the deep end, but youre clearly just trying to incite him with some of the things youve said.

Dont get me wrong, I dont disagree with all of your points.     Just because the Chiefs look like they are in a great position now doesnt mean they will win a single SB.   Look at the mid 2000's Chargers....everyone assumed they were going to be the team that dethroned the Pats, but didnt really go anywhere notable.

However, claiming the Chiefs are not going to win the SB and that its a lock is nothing more than blind hate and obvious trolling.   

• Like 1