NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

There is only one savior, and he died for our wins. Hinkie will rise again.

I’m a Hinkie fan, his vision was the same as Sashi’s.

Suck tremendously, accumulate assets and cap flexibility and be able to capitalize on a window of potential success.

5 hours ago, pwny said:

It honestly seems like you’re arguing not because you disagree with what I said, but because it’s about the Browns. I never said, nor implied, that QBs are overrated pertaining to wins, nor was it said that the Browns show some side of that argument. I simply was arguing against the absurd notion the other person posted. Since you disagree with that, I’m not sure what we’re doing here at this point. 

All I know is that you said wait until Baker gets to Tannehill's level until consider him anything. That's silly. You also emphasize that he was the 19th rated passer or what would be below average if you use just that one stat. You discredit that he went 7-7 because who cares about 7 wins not factoring in what he turned around. I'm not here to say the Browns are great or that Baker is great but I will try to defend them/him if people get silly and you got silly. Tannehill didn't even get 5th round value.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

All I know is that you said wait until Baker gets to Tannehill's level until consider him anything.

I did not. I said he wasn’t much more efficient than Tannehill was this season. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

You discredit that he went 7-7 because who cares about 7 wins not factoring in what he turned around.

I did not. Let’s try not to twist what was said. I said that going 7-7 doesn’t prove all you need is a QB. And guess what, if all you need was Baker, it wouldn’t matter if the Browns were 0-500,000 before Baker, because Baker would have been all you need to elevate above.500. And if you aren’t arguing that he’s all you need, and you’ve said multiple times that you aren’t, what are you doing other than caping for Baker because someone argued against an absurd notion?

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

I did not. I said he wasn’t much more efficient than Tannehill was this season. 

"we should really wait until Baker starts performing more efficiently than Ryan Tannehill"

That's what was said.

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

I did not. Let’s try not to twist what was said. I said that going 7-7 doesn’t prove all you need is a QB. And guess what, if all you need was Baker, it wouldn’t matter if the Browns were 0-500,000 before Baker, because Baker would have been all you need to elevate above.500. And if you aren’t arguing that he’s all you need, and you’ve said multiple times that you aren’t, what are you doing other than caping for Baker because someone argued against an absurd notion?

You are already twisting what you have said, see above. I saw the Charger fan say some crazy things, which is who I'm guessing you are talking about,  but I haven't mentioned or defended anything he said I have only referred to what you were saying. What you said is what was above, hard to see that as anything other than Tannehill is at least as good as Mayfield. That is what I decided to defend Baker about. I don't care what statistic you use if you watch them they aren't the same or close to the same.

I'll allow you the last word, I don't think we can go much farther without repeating the same things.

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Are the dolphins the new browns like the 1-15/0-16 Browns. I was thinking now whose that one team that is right at the bottom and doesn’t appear to have any upside. It’s gotta be them right?

They'd be my vote. Bengals don't have much upside either, but I trust them to win more games than the dolphins with Dalton. Not loving Washington either. 

But still early. Let's see what happens. Maybe Haskins somehow falls to the dolphins, that'd be somewhat exciting

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

They'd be my vote. Bengals don't have much upside either, but I trust them to win more games than the dolphins with Dalton. Not loving Washington either. 

But still early. Let's see what happens. Maybe Haskins somehow falls to the dolphins, that'd be somewhat exciting

Oh I forgot about Washington. Haskins would add some spice for sure but idk if he falls that far but he could or maybe they could trade up a few spots if he falls a bit. 

9 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Are the dolphins the new browns like the 1-15/0-16 Browns. I was thinking now whose that one team that is right at the bottom and doesn’t appear to have any upside. It’s gotta be them right?

Hopefully. 

QB and WR are purely a symbiotic relationship. 

Look at Aaron Rodgers. His best season was 2011, with a healthy Jennings/Nelson/Finley/Driver. 

Of course Aaron Rodgers is good enough to still put up good stats with mediocre WRs, but if you give him good/elite WRs the offense will be putting up records.

Same could be said for Brees/Brady.

If you have a mediocre QB with elite WR corps, your offense can still be above average. Case in point with Tampa Bay last year, they were 12th in points per drive with Fitzpatrick/Winston.