NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just read the si article (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/leveon-bell-steelers-jets-free-agency-contract) on Le'Veon Bell, and I understand his viewpoint better now.  Ultimately, I can respect that he didn't want to just take the money and be unhappy in Pittsburgh. It wasn't the best financial decision, but instead of just signing the contract like AB and OBJ did, he decided to move on from the Steelers.

I still don't agree with the back and fourth he did during the process, but I kind of get it now...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Just read the si article (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/leveon-bell-steelers-jets-free-agency-contract) on Le'Veon Bell, and I understand his viewpoint better now.  Ultimately, I can respect that he didn't want to just take the money and be unhappy in Pittsburgh. It wasn't the best financial decision, but instead of just signing the contract like AB and OBJ did, he decided to move on from the Steelers.

I still don't agree with the back and fourth he did during the process, but I kind of get it now...

So a guy makes decisions that benefit his own happiness over his wallet, but signs with the Jets...? Like, has anyone ever been happy to be a Jet? Hell, they could win next year’s Super Bowl and the players would still consider it the worst year of their life 

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

So a guy makes decisions that benefit his own happiness over his wallet, but signs with the Jets...? Like, has anyone ever been happy to be a Jet? Hell, they could win next year’s Super Bowl and the players would still consider it the worst year of their life 

Bell grew up/is a Jet fan.

15 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Interesting that Big Ben has former teammates go after him left and right and you don't hear any of that with Brees, Rivers and Brady.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2019 at 10:07 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Oh really, o-line and pass rush is all that matters right? Joe Thomas, Khalil Mack, Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Taylor Lewan, Von Miller (since Peyton retired). How have those individual players impacted the W-L column? 

You must not have watched Khalil Mack in several games this past season. In my life as a football fan I’ve never seen anything like it. He single handedly impacted the W/L column 

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

so he is saying they would have talked a trade even if there were no legal issues? I don't buy that.

Yeah, I could see them shopping him if they knew something that no one else knew (would be shady) but not because of money. Probably the greatest weapon that you could give Mahomes, no way they would want to remove it unless they were left with no option.

13 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

You must not have watched Khalil Mack in several games this past season. In my life as a football fan I’ve never seen anything like it. He single handedly impacted the W/L column 

If that were the case then why wasn’t he able to do it in Oakland? The Bears have other very good players on that defense. I don’t care what position you play, a single player does not have any notable impact on the W/L column.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

If that were the case then why wasn’t he able to do it in Oakland? The Bears have other very good players on that defense. I don’t care what position you play, a single player does not have any notable impact on the W/L column.

JJ Watt, circa 2012 - 2015 absolutely won games for Houston single-handedly. 

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So Justin Houston is gonna get Julie'n Davenport and Seantrell Henderson 2x a season.

Deshaun Watson isn't going to make it, he's gonna get murdered next season. 

Your offensive line can’t be THAT bad. Let me just take a lo....

Oh dear.

It’s like David Carr all over again. Except Watson is good.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Your offensive line can’t be THAT bad. Let me just take a lo....

Oh dear.

It’s like David Carr all over again. Except Watson is good.

I'm seriously praying for Donald Penn as a one year bridge LT, with a guy like Yodny Cajuste or Greg Little as the prospect in waiting.

Either that, or the light bulb goes on for Davenport and he suddenly develops into a top 3 OT. Physically, he's got every single gift a LT needs, but he's simply dumb and soft. 

I really hope we don't squander Watson's career. If we do, I might seriously reconsider whether or not this team is worth my time.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm seriously praying for Donald Penn as a one year bridge LT, with a guy like Yodny Cajuste or Greg Little as the prospect in waiting.

Either that, or the light bulb goes on for Davenport and he suddenly develops into a top 3 OT. Physically, he's got every single gift a LT needs, but he's simply dumb and soft. 

I really hope we don't squander Watson's career. If we do, I might seriously reconsider whether or not this team is worth my time.

I was looking up stats for QBs who have been sacked the most in a season.

Texans QBs have 3 seasons in the top 5 all time and you haven’t even been around for 2 decades yet.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1