NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

20 hours ago, El ramster said:

I need Wentz to light it up.. Almost getting desperate in my keeper league. Im about to do a Wentz for Goff straight up. 

The guy didn't even get a preseason. Gonna take another week or 2 before he settles down, even if Alshon is healthy.  I think Watson will get better as the season progresses as well.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/28/buffalo-bills-kelvin-benjamin-josh-allen-2/

Well, connecting the dots, something isn’t right. Benjamin, Buffalo’s No. 1 receiver on the depth chart, doesn’t have the numbers to prove he’s a top-tier target. He only has six catches, 58 yards and one touchdown through three games this season. So what’s the problem?

When asked that question in regard to his stat line by ESPN this week, Benjamin gave another candid answer.

“God damn, [have] we been throwing at all?” Benjamin said Thursday about his stats. “But to be honest, man, it is what it is. We got 13 games left. We all know the last 13 games, a dude could go crazy each game. I’m just working, man. Just getting better. Feeling good. We gonna keep grinding and keep building this relationship with Josh [Allen].”

Considering he's dropped multiple would-be touchdowns, I'm not sure why he refuses to hold himself accountable.  Dude is a baby, I'd be surprised if the Bills re-signed him.  And really I'm not sure why any team would want him at this stage.

19 hours ago, Jimmy Austin said:

I see all of these people saying the Bucs should get rid of/trade Winston but who are they going to replace him with? There are no good FA QBs and the QBs in this next draft are nothing special. 

Eh, I like Drew Lock - not sure of he'll be in the "special QB" category, but he'll be better than Jameis.

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Serious question: is there any fanbase out there that DOESN'T think their team sucks at covering TE's down the middle of the field?

We haven't been properly tested this year yet, but last year, TEs were only averaging circa 30-40 ypg against us. It was Chung's special task, at times. Kelsey murdered us and so did Ertz in the SB, but in between that - nothing really. 

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Serious question: is there any fanbase out there that DOESN'T think their team sucks at covering TE's down the middle of the field?

Chiefs were great at it when they had prime DJ and healthy Eric Berry.

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Here's a fun fact:

Atlanta are the guy that says fantasy football should be decided on total points.

Tennessee auto-drafted and are sitting in 1st place with the 6th most points in the league.

Archived