NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why hasn’t Vic Fangio ever been a HC?

Poor interviews??

Some coaches were just born to be DC, not leaders of Teams and all that requires. I'll assume he falls under that category with others like

Rex Ryan, Dic$ LeBeau, Jim Johnson ,ect..

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

For real, 49ers made a mistake picking Tomsula over him...

Yeah, rumor was that Kyle Shanahan would have been first in line to be his OC in the event we hired Fangio as our HC. I was all for it at the time. Kyle was a guy I coveted and Fangio had certainly earned his shot at the time. That defense we had back then was all-time great, but it was overshadowed by the QB switch we made in 2012, seattle's rapid rise to elite status, and then the subsequent drop off when Fangio left, bowman got hurt, Willis retired, and Justin Smith retired... not to mention Aldon Smith's personal problems. 

Before all of that happened, our defense was always prepared and always seemed to be one step ahead of the other team. Fangio could have been George Siefert lite... 

In hindsight, I ended up getting my guy (Shanahan) anyways, except now he wont bolt to go be a HC elsewhere... 

Aaron Donald in eight career games against the Seahawks: Overall Grade: 95.4 QB Pressures: 59 (7 Sacks, 18 Hits, 34 Hurries) Win %: 25.9 on 270 pass-rush snaps

[Mike Cahill on Twitter] - Highest graded QBs when throwing into tight coverage over the last three weeks (min. 10 attempts): Jared Goff- 91.1, Aaron Rodgers - 76.9, Baker Mayfield - 74.5

On 10/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, TheVillain112 said:

For real, 49ers made a mistake picking Tomsula over him...

I don't think Fangio ever really had a shot. Too much Harbaugh in him and under the tyrannical reign of Baalke, I just don't think it was ever going to happen.

The sad thing is that the 49ers essentially ruined any upward trajectory of Tomsula's career. He's the one I largely feel bad for. I don't know that he was ever going to get around to being a head coach on his own (we would have likely been talking years down the line), but the team was such a disaster that it likely set Tomsula back years in even getting a coordinator job (which should have been the next step for him anyway). He simply wasn't ready for that step. He didn't have the connections to make quality coordinator hires and the ones he reached out too all turned the team down (as they should have), the roster was possibly the least talented in the NFL. It was always going to end in disaster, but Tomsula is the one that suffers the brunt of the poor optics. 

On 10/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Breesus mode said:

Yeah, BoB needs to hit the treadmill.

Or he could go run. Outside. Past the city limits. Into another state.

I don't want him in Houston.

Archived