NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Chiefs have three former college QBs in there TE Room right now.

Travis Kelce

Blake "Belldozer" Bell

Jon Lovett rookie two time Ivy League OPOTY

Found that rather interesting. Used to be the basketball convert now big QBs are Making an impact

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Travis Kelce

Blake "Belldozer" Bell

Found that rather interesting. Used to be the basketball convert now big QBs are Making an impact

What Blake Bell does cannot really be considered "making an impact"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Travis Kelce

Blake "Belldozer" Bell

Texans used to have former QBs Owen Daniels and James Casey at TE... And they had former TEs Eric Winston and Duane Brown at OT, former TE Earl Mitchell at DT, former TE JJ Watt at DE...

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 8:10 AM, ET80 said:

Texans used to have former QBs Owen Daniels and James Casey at TE... And they had former TEs Eric Winston and Duane Brown at OT, former TE Earl Mitchell at DT, former TE JJ Watt at DE...

I wonder just how hard it is for really talented, and genetically gifted, players to swtich position in the pros. Sure they may have played one position since middle school but in the pros they can practice techniques all day long with the best coaches in the world and quickly catch up and override muscle memory.

Like, could JJ Watt play Oline at a starter level? Could Julio Jones play DB? Outside of kicker/QB I wonder just how specific positional talent is.

11 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I wonder just how hard it is for really talented, and genetically gifted, players to swtich position in the pros. Sure they may have played one position since middle school but in the pros they can practice techniques all day long with the best coaches in the world and quickly catch up and override muscle memory.

Like, could JJ Watt play Oline at a starter level? Could Julio Jones play DB? Outside of kicker/QB I wonder just how specific positional talent is.

I think it's doable, but I think you're getting diminishing returns on it. Once upon a time, I said Rob Gronkowski could probably play DE as well as JJ Watt could play TE - I think he'd be good, but I don't think they'd be the same HOF calibur player they turned into. 

I'm sure there are others. Julio Jones has the speed and athleticism to make a very good S, DeAndre Hopkins could probably be a physical CB like a lesser Richard Sherman, Jalen Ramsey could probably be a very good WR in the same vein as Julio, Saquan Barkley could be a great in-box S/LB hybrid...

It's probably easier to translate at WR to CB and CB to WR, to be honest. I don't think this works for everyone, but there a few guys who'd make it for another spot.

23 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Is it safe to say Rivers is the best offensive system in the NFL? Listed 3 times and on 3 level of receivers. TE, RB AND WR.

Look at Watson to Fuller - wow, if Fuller could play a full 16, a Watson/Hopkins/Fuller trip could be impossible to stop.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:40 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Since the McQuistan bros don't play in the NFL anymore, who is the ugliest player in the NFL?

I'll start with tackles, you take interior line.

Someone start d-line too. They're in here somewhere. 

• Like 1