NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

32 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Are you sure?

I mean, historically no. But 2019 Green Bay gave Za'Darious Smith a $66M deal, Preston Smith $52M, and Adrian Amos $36M. I think there is about a 15% chance we look back on this offseason 3-4 years from now and say ANY of those 3 moves were smart.

For over a decade Green Bay has been ridiculed for not partaking in FA. Yet here we are, finally active, signed some high impact guys in terms of getting at the QB. If either one of the Smiths can continue to pressure the QB the way they have in the past, we will be in great shape. 

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Are you sure?

I mean, historically no. But 2019 Green Bay gave Za'Darious Smith a $66M deal, Preston Smith $52M, and Adrian Amos $36M. I think there is about a 15% chance we look back on this offseason 3-4 years from now and say ANY of those 3 moves were smart.

Then you are unaware as to WHY they were signed...

#7 pick... 12 team, Half PPR league. QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex.

ADP says that DeAndre Hopkins should be my pick, but it's a league with 11 Texans fans and one Giants fan, so I'm not holding my breath. He was my choice if I ended up with a top 5 pick.

Who should I target?

On 6/20/2019 at 9:53 AM, wackywabbit said:

Gerald McCoy calling the Bucs out on giving his number to Suh feels justified to me. That's a stupid slight that I don't think a smarter team would do.

McCoy's defense was giving up 29 pts a game last year. Bucs prolly want to scrub him from all mentions in the team history timeline after that debacle. 

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

Totally random: remember when the NFL bothered to design actual Super Bowl logos? Now they're not even trying. We haven't had a decent logo since SB XLIV in 2010.

It really bothers me too that every year is the same since then. I liked seeing the different logo on the jersey´s each year.

• Like 1