NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

#7 pick... 12 team, Half PPR league. QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex.

ADP says that DeAndre Hopkins should be my pick, but it's a league with 11 Texans fans and one Giants fan, so I'm not holding my breath. He was my choice if I ended up with a top 5 pick.

Who should I target?

Saquon zeke kamara cmc mixon are the top 5 guys imo. So assuming them plus Hopkins are gone, you might need to take leveon 

Mixon will probably fall to you though. He is going to ball out in the new offense. 

There are a lot of exciting guys to get later. Whoever wins Tampa's rb competition will be a huge sleeper plus I love Chubb in round 2 (just make sure you also get Kareem hunt in like round 8 or 9 or something). I love David Montgomery. I also like the guy the eagles drafted. 

I'll post some of my sleepers in the fantasy forum in August once I get some eyes on the preseason 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, wackywabbit said:

Gerald McCoy calling the Bucs out on giving his number to Suh feels justified to me. That's a stupid slight that I don't think a smarter team would do.

100% agree.  If Gerald had reached the end of his deal and parted ways that would be one thing.  There are so many levels to this, they cut McCoy to sign Suh to pay slightly less, McCoy and Suh have been linked since before the draft.  McCoy was the leader of the team, Suh is the last guy you want being the leader on your team.  McCoys 93 should probably go up in the ring of honor someday.  Why not just give Suh 99 while you're at it.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Mixon will probably fall to you though. He is going to ball out in the new offense. 

I actually drafted Mixon in the 3rd round last season, really paid dividends for me - I eventually traded him and Keenan Allen for Saquan, which nearly won my league for me (was 0.40 off in the Championship game, Phillip Rivers v the Ravens just tanked me). 

Mixon at #7 would be a nice, safe grab but I might prefer a WR in R1 (perhaps Julio or maybe even Michael Thomas) taking a chance on RB/RB in 2/4 (Chubb, Sony Michel or James Connor in the 2nd, and Phillip Lindsay/Mark Ingram in the 4th) and picking up a TE or WR in 3. I'm also big on pairing a WR with their QB, so if I land Hopkins at 7, I'm certain to draft Deshaun Watson with my 3rd instead of a TE or WR. (I'm also the guy who will hedge on suspensions, so Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt are both 6/7th round guys for me).

Still early, so lotta time left to figure it out.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:32 AM, N4L said:

Saquon zeke kamara cmc mixon are the top 5 guys imo. So assuming them plus Hopkins are gone, you might need to take leveon 

There are a lot of exciting guys to get later. Whoever wins Tampa's rb competition will be a huge sleeper plus I love Chubb in round 2 (just make sure you also get Kareem hunt in like round 8 or 9 or something). I love David Montgomery. I also like the guy the eagles drafted. 

I'll post some of my sleepers in the fantasy forum in August once I get some eyes on the preseason 

Mixon Top 5? His ADP right now is 2.1, essentially a fringe 1st rounder. He'll be there at #7 if ET wants him. He's been available to me early in the 2nd round of every mock draft I've done (and I usually pass) before he gets taken around pick 16. There's a pile of running backs this year; you can find quality all throughout the first four rounds. Guys like Mccoy and R. Jones have been lasting until the 8th round (which i do expect to change) but that's two starting rbs to be had late. Conversely, WR dries up quick. 

From my first impressions (half dozen mocks or so) it's been easier to put together a team I like when picking in the Top 4 and getting one of those stud RBs; there's a lot of good players available in the second and third on the way back.

#5 through the #7is tough. I don't like Bell at all this year, and it just feels early for WR. When ive been picking there, I've been able to grab Gordon both times (he rounds out my Top 5.) If I end up with a pick in the 8-12 range, I've been double dipping receivers. Something like Adams or Thomas to go with Odell in the 2nd. In the 3rd and 4th, RBs like A. Jones, K. Johnson, Ingram, Jacobs, and Freeman have all been there. I'm pretty comfortable with any of those two RBs as my starters. 

The one guy ive been struggling to place is Gurley. He's not a first rounder with the knee, but in the middle of 2nd you won't find a guy with as much upside as him (he's a potential league winner.) Are you taking him over a guy like Cook, Mixon, or Damien Williams? I'm not really sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Thoughts on the Bengals O-line? I know there's excitement surrounding the new offense but on paper, isn't their O-line toward the bottom of the league? I probably wouldn't draft Mixon until the 3rd for that reason.

Losing Jonah for the season certainly isn't going to do them any favors. I don't think it'll be a good situation right now.