NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

On 10/7/2018 at 12:40 PM, iknowcool said:

Has anyone heard about or listened to the Odell Beckham interview yet?  Man.

"Is there an issue at QB?"

"Uh, I don't know."

"Are you happy in NY?"

"That's a tough question."

I love ODB, and he's not wrong about Eli, but it makes you wonder why Beckham re-signed in the first place.  Even Moss said it was a bad interview.

Sounds like a man who wants to bank that guaranteed money, get traded to a new team and sign a new contract. 

Beckham isn't necessarily wrong, but I think it was a crappy thing for him to do that interview. Unless he truly thought the Giants were going to draft a QB in the first, then why did he resign with them? Dude just comes off a bit clownish.

8 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Hopefully Brees balls out tonite. He loves to stat pad on the big stage.

".....when Brees tops 201 passing yards today, the league will pause the game for a small ceremony. According to Mike Triplett of ESPN, that ceremony will feature the ball used on Brees’s record-breaking pass going to David Baker, the president of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and a video tribute from Manning will be played."

NFL will waste 5+ minutes to shine his little knob, but we can't possibly have another 5 minutes of overtime to decide an actual football game ?

59 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

".....when Brees tops 201 passing yards today, the league will pause the game for a small ceremony. According to Mike Triplett of ESPN, that ceremony will feature the ball used on Brees’s record-breaking pass going to David Baker, the president of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and a video tribute from Manning will be played."

NFL will waste 5+ minutes to shine his little knob, but we can't possibly have another 5 minutes of overtime to decide an actual football game ?

This is a little much. He has broken records before and it wasn't this over the top celebratory by the NFL.  

Rams people, why was Gurley so ineffective his second season? Was it play calling, defensive alignment, lack of other play makers, a combination of it all? Seems odd that he was so good as a rookie despite Fisher, I realize he didn’t play a full season.

I didn’t get to watch many Rams games that season.

Just now, KellChippy said:

Rams people, why was Gurley so ineffective his second season? Was it play calling, defensive alignment, lack of other play makers, a combination of it all? Seems odd that he was so good as a rookie despite Fisher, I realize he didn’t play a full season.

I didn’t get to watch many Rams games that season.

Offensive line was bad, after the season we added Kromer as Oline coach and added Whitworth and Sullivan. This was also the year Gurley described the offense as a middle school offense. It was the perfect environment for a down year.

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Offensive line was bad, after the season we added Kromer as Oline coach and added Whitworth and Sullivan. This was also the year Gurley described the offense as a middle school offense. It was the perfect environment for a down year.

Was this also the year Schotty was the OC?

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yeah that adds up. That season can be viewed as a blessing in disguise since it sort of led you to McVay.  

Archived