NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

12 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The coaching staff of the Cleveland Browns could be a concern....

Always consider the source...

TiredSlowHochstettersfrog-size_restricte

You want to trust a boiler loyal to Hueball? Look at that jiggle. 

Dudes a magician, so far his best trick was making Cleveland fans admiration disappear. 

Stiller fan come on, I’ve been impressed with you guys lately don’t be the oddball. 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I said it at the time it was an odd hire. Kitchens made some weird comments about Odell earlier in the offseason too, then backed them down the following day. He doesn't seem like someone who understands the widespread ramifications of his actions or comments.. 

That doesn't mean he is a bad coach, but it certainly means he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt yet

There was always a legit chance that they fell into the Singletary trap, though it's really not any different then hiring one of the other young coaches. Just look around at who got hired this year. LaFleur. Taylor. Kingsbury. Kitchens certainly isn't any more of a risk than those guys, I would think. 

Arizona had 47.8 adjusted games lost by its offensive line in 2018, by far the highest mark in the league.... Kingsbury’s scheme will also do some of the heavy lifting. As Establish the Run’s Evan Silva pointed out last month, Texas Tech had the fourth-lowest sack rate in FBS over the past five seasons, and no one would confuse that program for an offensive lineman factory. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

There was always a legit chance that they fell into the Singletary trap, though it's really not any different then hiring one of the other young coaches. Just look around at who got hired this year. LaFleur. Taylor. Kingsbury. Kitchens certainly isn't any more of a risk than those guys, I would think. 

I've been extremely impressed with Kitchens. There has been more access to him (besides maybe Hue last year) than most other head coaches with the Browns and so far he looks and sounds legit to me. I think he has been a little tougher on the team than needed recently but he is a new coach and while I think he is very well liked in the locker room he also has to make it clear that he is the leader.

If the Browns struggle I think it will be because of the defense or a huge injury and I think we all know who I mean. Otherwise I have a lot of confidence in Freddie. The offense and defense have been pretty equal in camp so far but he is telling the defense what is coming besides in the hurry up portions of practice so I expect the offense to look great and the defense... I don't know. As long as the Browns score points they should be able to pressure the QB which should be good enough on defense. I have serious worries about stopping the run but hopefully the offense does well enough that it stops the run because of the score.

53 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I've been extremely impressed with Kitchens.

200w.gif

What exactly has he done that has been 'extremely impressive'? There hasn't even been one preseason game yet and he's said some weird things to the media 

Just curious and you don't have to answer this, how old are you? Lol it's been a looong time since the browns have had an 'impressive' hc imo so I can see why orange glasses and desperation can make you eat what the kitchen is cooking. None of this has anything to do with how well coached the browns will be this year but I am far from sold on kitchens and the rest of the browns coaching staff. 

Mark it right now - p168 of the NFL General Random Thoughts thread. It is 08/08/19, 6:57 AM CST. And here is my declaration:

Tytus Howard will be the best OL from this draft class, by a SIGNIFICANT margin. He will do his damage as an LG, and will be in the Quentin Nelson/Zack Martin "Best G in the NFL" conversation within the next two years. 

I was not confident with the pick at the time, and he's only been through TC - but everything I've heard is that he is hyper aggressive, physically imposing and moves better than some high end TEs. That's going to round out to turning into one of the best Gs in the NFL. He's still refining his game, he's still developing technique - but he will learn that very quickly and become one of the most dominant OL in the league.

That is all. I'm going to die on this hill if I have to, but Tytus Howard is a winning Powerball ticket for the Texans.

17 hours ago, N4L said:

I said it at the time it was an odd hire. Kitchens made some weird comments about Odell earlier in the offseason too, then backed them down the following day. He doesn't seem like someone who understands the widespread ramifications of his actions or comments.. 

That doesn't mean he is a bad coach, but it certainly means he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt yet

The dude is a hillbilly from Alabama. He’s not going to be a polished smooth talker that coastal media types like and are used to.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Mark it right now - p168 of the NFL General Random Thoughts thread. It is 08/08/19, 6:57 AM CST. And here is my declaration:

Tytus Howard will be the best OL from this draft class, by a SIGNIFICANT margin. He will do his damage as an LG, and will be in the Quentin Nelson/Zack Martin "Best G in the NFL" conversation within the next two years. 

I was not confident with the pick at the time, and he's only been through TC - but everything I've heard is that he is hyper aggressive, physically imposing and moves better than some high end TEs. That's going to round out to turning into one of the best Gs in the NFL. He's still refining his game, he's still developing technique - but he will learn that very quickly and become one of the most dominant OL in the league.

That is all. I'm going to die on this hill if I have to, but Tytus Howard is a winning Powerball ticket for the Texans.

Are you being true to yourself EliteSupremeBeefTexan?

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Is SportingNews the one that was always discarded from Bleacher Report's aggregate rankings for being an outlier of extreme proportions? I know there was one that always ranked the Texans and Cowboys way higher than everyone else.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Are you being true to yourself EliteSupremeBeefTexan?

Very. Very, very, very.

I've only gone all in on a player four times: Adrian Peterson (hence the SN APeterson_Texan when I started here) JJ Watt, Trevor Lawrence and now... Howard. 

I'm 2/2, and pretty confident I'll keep my hitting streak going.

Archived