NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The fact that TJ Watt was fined for what they are calling an illegal hit on the QB is pathetic.

QBs are being treated like...i cant say the word here. They need to just go back to the old rules, no head contact, feet cant leave the ground, and then let all other hits be fair game.

Just saw that and then I saw the clip of what happened.  I honestly can't believe they are fining him for that.

Not looking forward to what will most likely be a flag feast between PIT and CIN...

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The fact that TJ Watt was fined for what they are calling an illegal hit on the QB is pathetic.

QBs are being treated like...i cant say the word here. They need to just go back to the old rules, no head contact, feet cant leave the ground, and then let all other hits be fair game.

or they could at least try making the QB's wear knee braces if they are so concerned about it.

I noticed in the giants game Bennet planted manning late in the game, probably due for a fine since it was quite obvious.  It could be instinct, and the old school players just can't adjust .  

here’s one that’s shocking

since 2006, there have only been five teams that blitz less than chicago have this year

and yet

the bears are sacking quarterbacks on like twelve percent of plays, significantly more than any other team since the data became available

planos-Bears-1012-1.png 

8 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

here’s one that’s shocking

since 2006, there have only been five teams that blitz less than chicago have this year

and yet

the bears are sacking quarterbacks on like twelve percent of plays, significantly more than any other team since the data became available

planos-Bears-1012-1.png 

It helps when you are a really good defensive front before adding possibly the best player in the NFL.  It also helps to have an entire secondary that has been together for a year+.  

What teams would A) be willing to pull the trigger, B) have the ammo to make the move, and C) really benefit the most from it?

Bucs were the first team that came to my mind, but I'm not sure what kind of coverage scheme they run.  Panthers would be a good fit schematically - we've been running a lot more man over the last 2 years - but we don't have the money or the ammunition for it without a lot of maneuvering, plus Bradberry and Jackson have been good, although obviously PP >.

13 hours ago, DaveDX said:

I get a funny feeling when big name CBs change teams. I know it’s not always an Asomugha situation, but it still worries me. 

For most of his career PP just followed #1 WRs around in man to man. That seems like a trait he has no matter the team/scheme/etc. This year he hasn't followed and played way more zone and he still is awesome. 

The Jaguars have lost 21 straight road games outside of the 1pm eastern slot. 4 pm, and prime time road games? Over the last decade, the Jaguars are 0-21.

George W. Bush was still president the last time the Jaguars won a game on the road that wasn’t an early Sunday game.

Archived