NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

48 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Burfict has got to be in the argument for dirtiest player post-2000.  He’s definitely ahead of Meriweather.

Incognito is in this discussion as well...

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

Good for the Patriots for banning the fan that dumped beer on Tyreek Hill.

Hope it was worth never getting to see your team play at home again.

Honestly though, it must be so easy to get around 'the ban'.

Just grow your hair out, wear a beanie or a scarf over your face, wear a fake mustache, have your friend buy the tickets...

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Just grow your hair out, wear a beanie or a scarf over your face, wear a fake mustache, have your friend buy the tickets...

I like the way Snrub thinks.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Now you're thinkin like a Patriot! I like it 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Brock the Dragon the Bear humper slayer. 

Perfect nick name. BEAR FANS NATION STAND UP. 

@Sugashane

... so he is a dragon that slays "Bear humpers?"

Sure, it's easier to remember to spell than his real name. lol

Yesterday's game was a perfect example of why I was hoping for Pettine when rumors started about Fangio leaving. Overall he is a great DC but even Lovie Smith could adjust his defenses better than Fangio. And his main adjustment over his tenure was putting Peanut on Moss, Johnson, etc in man while the rest of the defense ran the zone scheme.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

I like this. Because Goff shredded those scrubs all day. And yet no credit. 

True, Goff was awesome that game, but LA's offensive line straight up dominated. Seattle got to Goff once on the opening drive, then didn't get within an arms reach of Goff afterwards. 

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

True, Goff was awesome that game, but LA's offensive line straight up dominated. Seattle got to Goff once on the opening drive, then didn't get within an arms reach of Goff afterwards. 

I’ll like this but I refuse to. So take your imaginary like. 

Why have the media convinced themselves that if the Saints wouldnt have lost to the Vikings that they wouldve went to the Superbowl and won?

I get the Saints were really good last season. I get Brees and Payton are great. The Saints under Brees and Payton have only 1 road playoff win. That was against Foles and the Eagles. I dont think lightening would strike twice. The Eagles season was so magical/great last season that it didnt matter who stood in their way. Would the game at Philly been closer if they played the Saints rather than the Vikings? Yes, but I am not convinced the Eagles wouldve lost to the Saints but yet the media has convinced themselves of that. 

45 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Why have the media convinced themselves that if the Saints wouldnt have lost to the Vikings that they wouldve went to the Superbowl and won?

I get the Saints were really good last season. I get Brees and Payton are great. The Saints under Brees and Payton have only 1 road playoff win. That was against Foles and the Eagles. I dont think lightening would strike twice. The Eagles season was so magical/great last season that it didnt matter who stood in their way. Would the game at Philly been closer if they played the Saints rather than the Vikings? Yes, but I am not convinced the Eagles wouldve lost to the Saints but yet the media has convinced themselves of that. 

A lot of media has Brees as the front runner for MVP. Or tied with mahomes. The disrespect. We'll beat those chumps at home. 

18 hours ago, Dome said:

Good for the Patriots for banning the fan that dumped beer on Tyreek Hill.

Hope it was worth never getting to see your team play at home again.

Dummy’s getting charged with some (admittedly light) infractions too. 

20 hours ago, El ramster said:

Brock the Dragon the Bear humper slayer. 

Perfect nick name. BEAR FANS NATION STAND UP. 

@Sugashane

Browns could have avoided 0-16 by starting Brock against the Bears week 16 of last season...

Archived