NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm going to go with: No Cooper Kupp. 

Losing one receiver causes the QB's numbers to go from like the best in the league to basically the bottom of the league?  That seems drastic.  I could see if there was a bit of a drop off, but you're talking going from a 110/115+ rating to not even cracking a 70 rating in like 1/2 of the games.  

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Cool. And we smacked the saints and eagles twice. Its weird how some teams just match up better with other ones. 

This is actually one of the more intelligent posts you've made in a while. 

And no you didn't smack any of them, all of those were one score games. Nor is a 30-22 victory a "Smacking". Smacking is beating a team 37-9 like the Eagles beat the Cowboys in 2017. 

14 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I really don't understand people picking the Seahawks this weekend considering...

1. Seattle 1-8 in road openers in the PC Era

2. West Coast teams performance in 10am games

I'm fully prepared for 3+ hours of Steeler fans being their insufferable selves. 

You’re underselling your team and RW imo. 

14 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

The team itself loves to undersell Wilson.

"So what's the gameplan this week?"

"Keep the ball out of our best players hands as often as possible. Just like every week."

"... I like it."

3 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

Losing one receiver causes the QB's numbers to go from like the best in the league to basically the bottom of the league?  That seems drastic.  I could see if there was a bit of a drop off, but you're talking going from a 110/115+ rating to not even cracking a 70 rating in like 1/2 of the games.  

I wasn't being serious

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

I really don't understand people picking the Seahawks this weekend considering...

1. Seattle 1-8 in road openers in the PC Era

2. West Coast teams performance in 10am games

I'm fully prepared for 3+ hours of Steeler fans being their insufferable selves. 

Agreed, and the Hawks looked pretty mediocre in all phases against Cinci at home last week, in a fully winnable game.

51 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

See below.

37 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

The team itself loves to undersell Wilson.

"So what's the gameplan this week?"

"Keep the ball out of our best players hands as often as possible. Just like every week."

"... I like it."

Exactly. "Hey we have a top 5 QB on this team what's our game plan?" "Hand the ball off 35 times to Chris Carson"

And that's not a slight towards Carson, who is a phenomenal RB, but the Seahawks for the past 2 years seem to be actively trying to keep the ball OUT of RW's hands as much as possible and "save" him for the 4th quarter, and it makes no sense. Further than that, their entire running game is literally one play - inside zone.

Hawks are an interesting team.

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Damm I turned super Saiyan rose watching this. 

where my fake saints at! 

@tyler735 @Mid Iowa @Dome

@saintsdynasty @Fray32

2/0 vs 1/1 

big game baby ooooohhhhhhhhhh...

Best rivalry out of division play as both teams wanna kill each other. 

You gonna be there? I'll be right behind the melon heads at the tunnel 

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Agreed, and the Hawks looked pretty mediocre in all phases against Cinci at home last week, in a fully winnable game.

See below.

Exactly. "Hey we have a top 5 QB on this team what's our game plan?" "Hand the ball off 35 times to Chris Carson"

And that's not a slight towards Carson, who is a phenomenal RB, but the Seahawks for the past 2 years seem to be actively trying to keep the ball OUT of RW's hands as much as possible and "save" him for the 4th quarter, and it makes no sense. Further than that, their entire running game is literally one play - inside zone.

Hawks are an interesting team.

Eh, its a philosophy thing. Been this way since PCJS took over. Pound teams into submission, control the clock, minimize mistakes. Seattle has always prioritized maulers on the oline, therefore, leaving those maulers on an island for 5-7 step drops 30+ times a game is not a recipe for success. Now, a drive or two in high leverage situations, absolutely. Russell can (and has been) incredibly successful when throwing from a traditional pocket, but its not something Seattle has been able to create successfully, consistently. That's why the bulk of RW throws are from PA, and moving the pocket around, which have to be built upon a dangerous rushing attack. Its frustrating for fans, but there is a method to the madness. 

Its easy to disagree with this philosophy in 2020, but you cant really deny the success either. 

15 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Eh, its a philosophy thing. Been this way since PCJS took over. Pound teams into submission, control the clock, minimize mistakes. Seattle has always prioritized maulers on the oline, therefore, leaving those maulers on an island for 5-7 step drops 30+ times a game is not a recipe for success. Now, a drive or two in high leverage situations, absolutely. Russell can (and has been) incredibly successful when throwing from a traditional pocket, but its not something Seattle has been able to create successfully, consistently. That's why the bulk of RW throws are from PA, and moving the pocket around, which have to be built upon a dangerous rushing attack. Its frustrating for fans, but there is a method to the madness. 

Its easy to disagree with this philosophy in 2020, but you cant really deny the success either. 

You can still run PA a lot and throw Wilson more than 20 times a game though. You don't have to straight dropback 50 times a game to put the ball in his hands, just run the ball and mix good PA off of it to create balance. Seattle tends to be VERY run heavy (obviously) for reasons I can't explain when you can just as easily just run PA and let Wilson make plays. Who knows though. 

19 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Agreed.
Pete is a defensive coach at heart and the best way to protect and help a defense... is to have a top notch running game and possess the ball
He also protects Wilson by limiting his runs early and then unleashing RW keepers on a tired out defense late in the game

26 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Asked in Comp, but I want to ask here too;

What are Stafford's limitations as a QB?

He's not good at converting back to back 3rd down plays because his OC was stupid enough to call a timeout as they were wrapping up the game?

His raw numbers are pretty good.

His comeback numbers are good  (8 of his 9 wins in 2016 were comebacks)

The knock on him is that he has never been able to do enough to beat the really good teams.

He did sorta win a playoff game until Jerrah's Party Bus ref picked up the flag and gave Dallas another chance.

Archived