NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

4 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

Losing one receiver causes the QB's numbers to go from like the best in the league to basically the bottom of the league?  That seems drastic.  I could see if there was a bit of a drop off, but you're talking going from a 110/115+ rating to not even cracking a 70 rating in like 1/2 of the games.  

Gurley’s usage went way down in that span too, against a run of tough defenses (and 6 playoff teams). 

10 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

What are your thoughts on Goff having terrible numbers for over half a seasons worth of games now?   

Last 9 games, qb ratings - 7 TD/8 INT in this span:

69, 58, 83, 74, 121, 118, 76, 19, 69

He can certainly turn things around still, but it's got to be disconcerning a bit right?  especially considering how steep the drop off was from his previous numbers. 

Not even remotely. But we all just discussed that above.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Agreed.
Pete is a defensive coach at heart and the best way to protect and help a defense... is to have a top notch running game and possess the ball
He also protects Wilson by limiting his runs early and then unleashing RW keepers on a tired out defense late in the game

I actually think this is all Wilson taking care of himself. The keepers are almost always there, but he just hasn't been utilizing them the past couple of years. If he hit them earlier on in games it would open up things a lot more than if he waited until late in games to hit one or two of them.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Not even remotely. But we all just discussed that above.

I wish I was this delusional about my favorite players.  I would be a lot more happy.  

Why has Goff put up such poor production over such a long stretch in your opinion then?  What changed?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Panthers are 1-9 in their last 10 games, with the only win being against a Saints team who was resting their starters. (They may as well be 0-10)

Ron Rivera has to be on the hot seat.

River boat Ron is up Its Creek with a broken paddle right now 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

zao48kz2c7m31.jpg

No one in the NFL gets that. Come on y’all. 

Need to see the whole play. That could simply be a blown switch off caught at the right time for a still photo. And was Olson Chipping or did he stay in? 

Archived