NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, Kiltman said:

Wasn’t it that he just didn’t want to add the LB spots? Thought I read they had him learning everything besides DL

I read that he wants to play slot CB. If he wants to play slot, outside and free safety, he will command a 1st rounder imo.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I read that he wants to play slot CB. If he wants to play slot, outside and free safety, he will command a 1st rounder imo.

Yeah, any team that suspects to be picking in the 20-32 range...it’s a no brainer.

money is so easy to take on and you have him for so long. Trade a first and move on with a young smart versatile DB.

12 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

I wish I was this delusional about my favorite players.  I would be a lot more happy.  

Why has Goff put up such poor production over such a long stretch in your opinion then?  What changed?

Goff threw for 4688 yards, 32 TDs, 12 Ints, 8.4 YPA, and a 101.1 PR last year, and I'm delusional because I'm not panicking over a stretch of games in a year we made the Super Bowl? Maybe you might be "this delusional" if Stafford put up those numbers and led the Lions to a Super Bowl berth.

Here are the facts. Goff had a terrible three-game stretch (DET, CHI, & PHI) tucked between a dominant three-game stretch (NO, SEA, & KC) and a good two-game stretch (SF & ARI). He then struggled a bit in the playoffs, but that's not abnormal for a 24 year old QB. So, we have two three-game stretches where he struggled, but one occurred solely in the playoffs. Why would I panic over that from a 24 year old QB? HOF QBs have had entire years where they played well below their caliber of play before they hit their primes. It's what happens with young QBs.

I'm certainly not going to worry about Goff looking off in Week 1 this year. He looked off in Week 1 last year. We just benefited from playing the Raiders. Because he doesn't get snaps in the preseason, he is rusty in Week 1. If by the end of our fourth game he's still not looking right, I might start to become concerned. But again, young QBs have their ups and downs.

Archived