NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'd like to find the public that overrates him. If anything, he's consistently shorted as a system QB who has McVay read defenses for him. 

That may be true, it's possible I am a bit "jealous" because of all the people who crap all over my teams' quarterback because of his win-loss record :P

And I have to push back on your Robert Woods take a bit, because I think it's unfair to judge him based off the quarterbacks he had in Buffalo. Tyrod Taylor has always been a very inaccurate quarterback.

Just now, Nzd07 said:

That may be true, it's possible I am a bit "jealous" because of all the people who crap all over my teams' quarterback because of his win-loss record :P

And I have to push back on your Robert Woods take a bit, because I think it's unfair to judge him based off the quarterbacks he had in Buffalo. Tyrod Taylor has always been a very inaccurate quarterback.

While I agree on Woods, we were mocked for signing him for as much as we did. Frankly, when I watched his Buffalo tape, I saw a crisp route runner who was being sold short by QBs who couldn't throw with proper timing. That all said, Goff is hardly the only top QB who has talent around him.

I think part of the issue with Cousins is that he got a rep as a choker in Washington due to his poor play in some memorable late-season games. He's a good QB. But I think Goff is more talented. Of course, he's likely going to be less consistent due to his age and experience.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:
3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Madden is going to have to add a stat for Sex Appeal 

Gigolo level: 98

I read a tweet the other day that he does some exercise naked in the locker room and if the coach walks in, he stares eye to eye.

I am not making this up. If I had the tweet I would post it.

Thats dude is next level.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It just so happens though that we got one more data point for Goff and it was one more mediocre showing.  

And I said "in a row" because jrry wants to cherry pick 3 bad games out of the middle of the schedule. But jrry is the biggest Rams QB homer I have ever seen. He argued for like 10 years that Bradford was a good QB and worth the #1 over all. Dude is blind when it comes to Rams QBs. 

giphy.gif

Listen, if we're going to cherry pick, let's do it right. You get to eliminate your games. I get to eliminate mine. And your argument went up in flames. You lose, Matts.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. I enjoy the mental gymnastics. Goff had a miserable three-game stretch against Detroit, Chicago, and Philly. He had a dominant first four games of the season. Funny how you want to omit his dominant start to the season while magnifying that three-game stretch. What did Goff do in the three games before that miserable three-game stretch? He put up a 68% completion percentage, 374 passing yards per game, 9 TDs to 1 Int, 8.8 YPA, a 115.4 passer rating, and the Rams scored 41.7 PPG. But he must have played three bad teams during that stretch, right? Nope, he played New Orleans (AT New Orleans), Seattle, and Kansas City. All three teams made the playoffs.

Spare me the cherry picking, Matts. You don't get to pick and choose what games count. You don't get to omit games that are inconvenient to your desired narrative. The numbers speak for themselves. And the claim that if you just omit a few games, Goff was consistently pedestrian is a lie. Let's demonstrate that. You get to omit the first four games of the season (his ridiculous start). I get to omit that miserable three-game stretch (DET, PHI, and CHI). We both get to omit the supposed outliers. What are Goff's numbers?

9 games

195/297

65.7%

2556 yards

8.6 YPA

20 TDs

4 Ints

109.5 Passer Rating

That shows how hollow your argument is, Matts. You got to remove the ridiculous start. I got to remove the terrible three-game stretch. And Goff's numbers actually improved. That tells us that your entire argument is based on that three-game stretch and is an attempt to magnify it by taking out the quarter of the season that acts as a counterweight. 

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

Madden is going to have to add a stat for Sex Appeal 

If he goes back to the mustache, it'll drop by at least 50 points.

After that Super Bowl, Jared Goff has become a punch line on merit.

His follow up game was not great.

We will have 15 more games and the playoffs to continue to judge him.

I am not impressed by QBs with a 73.6 playoff rating and a career high playoff rating of 83 in 4 tries.

There may be some excuses but poor baby is never the definition of greatness.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Listen, if we're going to cherry pick, let's do it right. You get to eliminate your games. I get to eliminate mine. And your argument went up in flames. You lose, Matts.

If he goes back to the mustache, it'll drop by at least 50 points.

You are seriously dense sometimes. I am fully recognizing he had an all time great stretch to start the season last year. I am just saying since that time, which happens to be 16 games, he has been crap. If you want to total them together, he is still not a top 10 QB over those 20 games.

So no cherry picking whatsoever, Goff is a ~15 rated, mid tier QB over every game he played in 2018+2019.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I read a tweet the other day that he does some exercise naked in the locker room and if the coach walks in, he stares eye to eye.

I am not making this up. If I had the tweet I would post it.

Thats dude is next level.

It was when Spurrier went in the locker room to congratulate him for a win it was an athletic article. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are seriously dense sometimes. I am fully recognizing he had an all time great stretch to start the season last year. I am just saying since that time, which happens to be 16 games, he has been crap. If you want to total them together, he is still not a top 10 QB over those 20 games.

So no cherry picking whatsoever, Goff is a ~15 rated, mid tier QB over every game he played in 2018+2019.

You are dense, Matts. I already slaughtered your argument.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. I enjoy the mental gymnastics. Goff had a miserable three-game stretch against Detroit, Chicago, and Philly. He had a dominant first four games of the season. Funny how you want to omit his dominant start to the season while magnifying that three-game stretch. What did Goff do in the three games before that miserable three-game stretch? He put up a 68% completion percentage, 374 passing yards per game, 9 TDs to 1 Int, 8.8 YPA, a 115.4 passer rating, and the Rams scored 41.7 PPG. But he must have played three bad teams during that stretch, right? Nope, he played New Orleans (AT New Orleans), Seattle, and Kansas City. All three teams made the playoffs.

Spare me the cherry picking, Matts. You don't get to pick and choose what games count. You don't get to omit games that are inconvenient to your desired narrative. The numbers speak for themselves. And the claim that if you just omit a few games, Goff was consistently pedestrian is a lie. Let's demonstrate that. You get to omit the first four games of the season (his ridiculous start). I get to omit that miserable three-game stretch (DET, PHI, and CHI). We both get to omit the supposed outliers. What are Goff's numbers?

9 games

195/297

65.7%

2556 yards

8.6 YPA

20 TDs

4 Ints

109.5 Passer Rating

That shows how hollow your argument is, Matts. You got to remove the ridiculous start. I got to remove the terrible three-game stretch. And Goff's numbers actually improved. That tells us that your entire argument is based on that three-game stretch and is an attempt to magnify it by taking out the quarter of the season that acts as a counterweight. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just curious, where would that put Dak?

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And I said "in a row" because jrry wants to cherry pick 3 bad games out of the middle of the schedule. But jrry is the biggest Rams QB homer I have ever seen. He argued for like 10 years that Bradford was a good QB and worth the #1 over all. Dude is blind when it comes to Rams QBs. 

I still don't know how that makes sense. If Prescott throws 8 picks next game could I say he's had 2 bad games in a row? It is just semantics as jrry said but it's not the correct wording. 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You are dense, Matts. I already slaughtered your argument.

Only in your thick head. Here let me do the math for you. Goffs every game Goff has played from the start of 2018 until now:

446/706 - 63%, 5586 yards, 34 TDs, 15 INTs, 94 QB rating

A 94 QB rating would put him just BELOW Cam Newton last year at #18.

A 94 QB rating would put him just BELOW Josh McCown in 2017 at #12

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^NO CHERRY PICKING. INCLUDING HIS GREAT GAMES. HE STILL IS MEDIOCRE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Archived