NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because QB rating calculators exist so its easy. And its universally accepted as at least a decent metric. ANY/A is the best, but they dont compute it for individual games. If they did, I would assume Goff and Dak would look more close, as Dak took a ton of sacks in 2018.

Yes, that is all 16 games in 2018 + playoffs + 1 game in 2019. 20 games for Goff, 19 games for Dak.

Looks to be right Dak had 8 passing tds his last two games against new york that's bananas. Week 17 last year and week one this year. 

I don't blame  Jerry holding off to pay Dak. He has Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Elliot, Jarwin witten. Dak did step up when Zeke was suspended and got Cooper settled in pretty quickly. Let Dak ball out to get paid don't over react to the Giants.

I was impressed with how Goff led an offense without Kupp and Gurley on one leg. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's doing it because Goff had a superior 2018 regular season. Matts is desperate to make Dak look good and Goff look bad to justify the deal Dak has coming. And FWIW, QBR is a terrible stat.

What ever help you sleep at night princess. But just realize, it was a RAMS fan who brought up Dak and asked.

Not me. 

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't blame  Jerry holding off to pay Dak.

This isnt a thing. They are negotiating. They have been since the end of last year. Cowboys are notoriously slow at getting deals done on all their players. Its just how Stephen (not Jerry) Jones operates. 

Literally every other contract we have done has been structured to give Dak big, fat money. The Jones' have already pointed out they want to get it finalized in the upcoming weeks. And he said all the way back in March he expects that Dak will be one of the highest players in NFL/Cowboys history.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What ever help you sleep at night princess. But just realize, it was a RAMS fan who brought up Dak and asked.

Not me. 

He asked you where you would place Dak, not what his stats are. I don't need help sleeping at night. I don't need to play with the numbers. Goff's stats speak for themselves. The Rams' success speaks for itself.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Goff-Numbers.png

Rams-Numbers.png

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This isnt a thing. They are negotiating. They have been since the end of last year. Cowboys are notoriously slow at getting deals done on all their players. Its just how Stephen (not Jerry) Jones operates. 

Literally every other contract we have done has been structured to give Dak big, fat money. The Jones' have already pointed out they want to get it finalized in the upcoming weeks. 

With the new cba coming you think they go longer deal with him or 4 year?

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He asked you where you would place Dak, not what his stats are. I don't need help sleeping at night. I don't need to play with the numbers. Goff's stats speak for themselves. The Rams' success speaks for itself.

This constant reliance of:

1. team stats

2. Goff when the games didnt matter

might be the most pathetic defense of a player that I have ever seen in my like 15 years on this site. 

Still <3 you jrry. But this is sad.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

With the new cba coming you think they go longer deal with him or 4 year?

Thats the issue. Stephen likes absurdly long contracts. Players dont like that so much. I wouldnt be shocked if its 6 or even 8 years. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This constant reliance of:

1. team stats

2. Goff when the games didnt matter

might be the most pathetic defense of a player that I have ever seen in my like 15 years on this site. 

Still <3 you jrry. But this is sad.

LOL. 

Goff-Numbers.png

Rams-Numbers.png

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Thats the issue. Stephen likes absurdly long contracts. Players dont like that so much. I wouldnt be shocked if its 6 or even 8 years. 

Dak clearly outplayed his 4th round draft slot so I'm sure that's an issue as well. I think it's a mistake to go over 4 years with Dak.

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Just curious, where would that put Dak?

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Ok, sorry Rocky, I misunderstood. Daks 100 QB rating would put him:

#10 in 2018, just above Brady, Luck and Rodgers

#6 in 2017, virtually tied with Goff at 5 (100.5 QB rating)

Is that better jrry?

Archived