NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you find someone that struggles reading as much as you? 

I have readily admitted over and over that starting Falcons '17 that Wentz and Goff surpassed Dak. That lasted until really Cooper. But even the full (all games played) 2018 - now, Dak is better than both players.

Having comparable or better stats =/= being better. 

And no, I don’t have a minute to discuss your lord and savior, Dak Prescott. Just stating what most already know. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That lasted until really Cooper. But even the full (all games played) 2018 - now, Dak is better than both players.

I’ve got no dog in the fight.

but if your guy wasn’t the better player until he got a teammate to lift him up, he’s probably not really the better player. 

Matts: Starting Falcons '17, Dak was terrible until Cooper. But literally the other games Dak was better. 

jrry: Yeah but if we just focus on '17 dak sucks...

Matts: I know, I just said that.

Skippy: But Matts as wrong, because if I look at '17 and '18...

Matts: Are you two smoking crack?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill give you a different example. Student gets the following grades:

1. 100

2. 100

3. 0

5. 100

If you look at those and slice it 1-5 => B student. You slice the first couple years or final couple years.. A student. What you and Skippy keep trying to do is:

"But if we just look at year 2-3, he is a failure"

"But if we just look at 3/4, he is a failure"

No sheet. Ive already admitted he had a chunk of his career that he was terrible. 

I get it now... Dak is better than Wentz and Goff in 2017-2018 if you pretend that his bad game was not his fault but Wentz and Goff were at fault for their bad passes.

So a homer for the Cowboys pretending that his QB is better than he is can now be called research and truth?

Thanks for clarifying your state of mind.

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ve got no dog in the fight.

but if your guy wasn’t the better player until he got a teammate to lift him up, he’s probably not really the better player. 

terrible argument. 

Dak had the #28 rated pass blocking OL. #32 WR group according to NFL.com, and scott linehan. His #1 WR was a 5', #3 WR 

Wentz had arguably the most stacked offensive talent in the NFL, plus good offensive coaching

Goff had arguably the most stacked offensive talent in the NFL, plus amazing offensive coaching.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I get it now... Dak is better than Wentz and Goff in 2017-2018 if you pretend that his bad game was not his fault but Wentz and Goff were at fault for their bad passes.

So a homer for the Cowboys pretending that his QB is better than he is can now be called research and truth?

Thanks for clarifying your state of mind.

You really are struggling. Dak was terrible the second half of 2017. I dont understand what you are getting. He was good the first half. If you look at 2017 as a total season, he was bad. I never ever said that he was better in 2017.

Do you understand that point?

Do you get that Dak < < < Goff, Wentz in 2017, because he/the team fell apart for 50% of it.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

terrible argument. 

Dak had the #28 rated pass blocking OL. #32 WR group according to NFL.com, and scott linehan. His #1 WR was a 5', #3 WR 

Wentz had arguably the most stacked offensive talent in the NFL, plus good offensive coaching

Goff had arguably the most stacked offensive talent in the NFL, plus amazing offensive coaching.

So its poor baby = greatness again... how original.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

terrible argument. 

Dak had the #28 rated pass blocking OL. #32 WR group according to NFL.com, and scott linehan

According to NFL.com isn’t exactly compelling. Cowboys might not have had the greatest pass blocking, but let’s not act like Zeke isn’t drawing as much attention from his QB as Gurley is.

I’m struggling to think of their top tier talent outside TE and OL. 

Fine, but if you’re gonna hold that against him, I’m gonna hold Amari and Zeke (and the line, previously) against Dak.

Archived