NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you find someone that struggles reading as much as you? 

I have readily admitted over and over that starting Falcons '17 that Wentz and Goff surpassed Dak. That lasted until really Cooper. But even the full (all games played) 2018 - now, Dak is better than both players.

Even if you add in the playoffs, Goff still is superior in 2018.

Goff - 423/667 63.4% 5400 yards 8.1 YPA 33 TDs 14 Ints 96.4 PR

Dak - 398/591 67.3% 4377 yards 7.4 YPA 24 TDs 9 Ints 96.3 PR

And then there's the fact that Goff's offense and team performed significantly better than Dak's. You're trying to skew the numbers by adding the first game of 2019 in. Not going to happen, Matts. 2018 and 2019 were different seasons. If you want to claim that Dak is the better QB in 2019, go for it. But people will roll their eyes at your one-game sample size.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Even if you add in the playoffs, Goff still is superior in 2018.

Goff - 423/667 63.4% 5400 yards 8.1 YPA 33 TDs 14 Ints 96.4 PR

Dak - 398/591 67.3% 4377 yards 7.4 YPA 24 TDs 9 Ints 96.3 PR

And then there's the fact that Goff's offense and team performed significantly better than Dak's.

Okay, now add their rushing production as well. Tell the whole story. 

No one cares about October 10th through 29th or games 1 through 8 or BEFORE ATLANTA. You said 2017-2018 and you were just plain wrong.

Dak faced some adversity vs Atlanta and he was about the worst player in the league for a while.

That does not mean greatness.

I won't read your manifesto because manifestos don't make QBs great.

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I get it now... Dak is better than Wentz and Goff in 2017-2018 if you pretend that his bad game was not his fault but Wentz and Goff were at fault for their bad passes.

So a homer for the Cowboys pretending that his QB is better than he is can now be called research and truth?

Thanks for clarifying your state of mind.

Yep. If you omit the stretches where Goff and Wentz were dominant along with the stretches where Dak wasn't and only look at the stretches were Goff and Wentz weren't as good, Dak is better. You just have to let Matts pick and choose the parameters. Then, we're all good. But don't look at the 2017 and/or 2018 seasons. You have to look at stretches.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Okay, now add their rushing production as well. Tell the whole story. 

Dak has the better rushing production. But that's not telling the whole story. Dak gets short-yardage TDs. On the Rams, Gurley got short-yardage TDs. The Rams had significantly more rushing TDs than the Cowboys in 2018. That's why the Rams scored 32.9 PPG during the regular season, while the Cowboys only scored 21.2 PPG. That, alone, says it all. The Rams scored 11.7 more PPG than the Cowboys.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

No one cares about October 10th through 29th or games 1 through 8. You said 2017-2018 and you were just plain wrong.

I won't read your manifesto because manifestos don't make QBs great.

The fudge I did. I cant tell if you are screwing with me or if you are really this dumb.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Dak has the better rushing production. But that's not telling the whole story. Dak gets short-yardage TDs. On the Rams, Gurley got short-yardage TDs. The Rams had significantly more rushing TDs than the Cowboys in 2018. That's why the Rams scored 32.9 PPG during the regular season, while the Cowboys only scored 21.2 PPG. That, alone, says it all. The Rams scored 11.7 more PPG than the Cowboys.

Daks average TD run is over 8 yards. So you are once again wrong again.

The Rams scored more because they had more offensive talent and better coaching. You are dismissing everything surrounding Goff to make factually wrong arguments to support your boy. 

Have you said anything factually correct yet?

22 minutes ago, Dome said:

Yeah if It was the saints that did this I would’ve been mad for 10 minutes, then done a 180 and set the song as my ringtone 

I was never even mad about that whole Rams Rules boondoggle (that was created to instruct the "fans" at our games how to actually root for the team). I just thought it was hilarious. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and have a good laugh.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I get it now... Dak is better than Wentz and Goff in 2017-2018 if you pretend that his bad game was not his fault but Wentz and Goff were at fault for their bad passes.

So a homer for the Cowboys pretending that his QB is better than he is can now be called research and truth?

Thanks for clarifying your state of mind.

Yep. If you omit the stretches where Goff and Wentz were dominant along with the stretches where Dak wasn't and only look at the stretches were Goff and Wentz weren't as good, Dak is better. You just have to let Matts pick and choose the parameters. Then, we're all good. But don't look at the 2017 and/or 2018 seasons. You have to look at stretches.

More dumb lies because you are wrong. 

This is your schtick. When you lose an argument factually, you turn to creating strawmans and twisting 

Rushing stats for QBs are overrated IMO. 

The ability to move in the pocket or scramble if you need to is really good but how and when you’re getting those yards is more important.

I bet Goff (and any QB with even a little bit of mobility) could rack up rushing yards too if he decides to just pick up a handful of yards every time they were available. 

Its just as much about scheme and decision making as it is ability sometimes. I’m not saying they’re equally skilled as runners, just that stats don’t tell the whole story and you need a better breakdown to sway me.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Its your own words I quoted at the bottom of page 230.

This is funny, but not in a good way.

Its sad, but not in a crying way.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak was better than Wentz and Goff over the 2018/2019 seasons all games combined.

Wentz and Goff wiped their butts with Dak Prescott as passers in 2017-18 in the regular season.

Dak's 91.3 rating in the playoffs does not help his 91.9 rating in the regular season.

Wentz is still 102 and Goff is 99.3.  Reality math says Dak is the worst of the 3 QBs.

Jesus Christ, dude... Are you drunk? Or are you always this illiterate? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Daks average TD run is over 8 yards. So you are once again wrong again.

The Rams scored more because they had more offensive talent and better coaching. You are dismissing everything surrounding Goff to make factually wrong arguments to support your boy. 

Have you said anything factually correct yet?

Correct. The Rams had more talent and better coaching. Included in that more talent is the better QB. The QB is the most important player on the offense. The Rams scored 11.7 more PPG during the 2018 regular season than the Cowboys. That speaks volumes. But yes, let's bring rushing TDs into it. Here are the rushing TDs from 2018 (counting the playoffs):

Rams - 27 TDs

Cowboys - 17 TDs

Matts, do you think I care whether Goff or Gurley gets the TD? If you want to take Dak because he ran in more rushing TDs in 2018, that's all you, pal. I'll take the guy who put the Rams in position to score 10 more rushing TDs and 11.7 more PPG (in the regular season) than your team, including Dak, did.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Correct. The Rams had more talent and better coaching. Included in that more talent is the better QB. The QB is the most important player on the offense. The Rams scored 11.7 more PPG during the 2018 regular season than the Cowboys. That speaks volumes. But yes, let's bring rushing TDs into it. Here are the rushing TDs from 2018 (counting the playoffs):

Rams - 27 TDs

Cowboys - 17 TDs

Matts, do you think I care whether Goff or Gurley gets the TD? If you want to take Dak because he ran in more rushing TDs in 2018, that's all you, pal. I'll take the guy who put the Rams in position to score 10 more rushing TDs and 11.7 more PPG (in the regular season) than your team, including Dak, did.

Twisting. 

Honest question, do you see how you are turning this into something it isnt? 

Like.. Do you know you are doing it? Is it on purpose? 

Archived